hey guys.

I'm having a lot of trouble with my distorted sound atm. i'm getting some nasty crunches which i want to get rid of.

Pickups: http://store.guitarfetish.com/hothexovhuma.html

Pedal: Digitech Hothead.

i'm pretty sure its not the amp (Laney LC30II) and i dont think its the guitar. any help as to which i should look to replacing/changing?

Thanks
TM
Did you even think to take the pedal out of the signal path and see what happens?
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
wow....

Okay, unless you have the laney set on the clean channel, and then running your pedal into it, then Im, pretty sure that the amp is doing the "distorting"
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Not "wrong", but I'm pretty sure that the Laney will produce better tone on its own than with that pedal....

Edit...

What you can do is,

Use the Laney's gain channel, and if thats not enough, then sell the hot head, and buy a bad monkey, or if you have the cash, then a tube screamer, or maxon OD808....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
k. thanks.

Anyone have experience of getting a good high distorted tone from it? what i get seems to be wither muddy or nasty.

Thanks
TM
whether i'm using an overdrive or a distortion.. i always run it through my gain channel.. the gain channel on just about every amp i've used it alot rounder and smoother than running a pedal thru the clean channel.

when you run the distortion pedal thru the gain channel on your amp tho, obviously you want to keep the gain down around 2 or 3 and let the pedal do the work.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
put the pedal into the amp on OD setting, but set the gain of the pedal on 1 and the level on 10