Well, my gear (minus my amp) is pretty bad. I'm planning on slowly upgrading as I get money to do so. I play metal/metalcore, stuff like that. First thing I'm getting is a new guitar. Epi Special Two's are horrible, and I wish I could get my cash back. I was looking around, and the Epiphone Prophecy EX caught my eye. It's an explorer, has EMG 81/85's, and just looks amazing.

As for pedals, I was looking at The Weapon, a MXR Equalizer, an ISP Decimator, and a Fender PT-100. I figured this would give me a nice metal sound with alot of flexibility, and the ISP could cut my noise. I want people's opinions though. Does it seem good to you?
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II [Heavily Modded]
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
well the weapon is a distortion pedal, you might wanna get an OD if you have a tube amp. an OD i liked that had a lot of gain was the proco rat. everything else looks good.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
With an OD won't I have to have my amp on high volume still? At half-volume that thing caused hearing loss. I'd much rather have it at like 1/4 volume with a distortion pedal.
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
nah, you can still have it at lower volumes. in fact itll be slightly easier to push the tubes with the OD at lower volumes. slightly, but your still pushing them harder.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Maybe I'll head down to guitar center and compare an overdrive and a distortion pedal on one of the newer crate tube amps and see which is better. Thanks for the info.
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
If you want an OD that can do teh Br00talz, look into a Visual Sound Double Trouble. It can get metal tones on its own, and when run into an overdriven tube amp it's even more br00tal.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.