My amp has 3 inputs; Input, Footswitch, And Effects Loop. Common sense indicates what the first 2 are used for. However, what on earth do I do with the Effects Loop?

As I side note, I bout this amp used, and it didn't come with a footswitch. Does anyone know where I could buy a replacement for a Crate VC50? It's an old amp, Circa 1995 I believe.
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II [Heavily Modded]
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
It's to add effects after the effects by the amp (if there are any). If the amp has no effects then the loop has little use.
is there an input and output for the effects loop, if so its where tyouer effect pedals go!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
No just an input, and all the amp has is reverb. So I guess it's pretty pointless...
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II [Heavily Modded]
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Quote by Afyum
No just an input, and all the amp has is reverb. So I guess it's pretty pointless...

Reverb usually needs to be at the end anyway so you can just ignore the loop.
Is the effects loop a single jack? Usually there is an effects send and an effects return jack on an amp.

The point of an effects loop is to put effects between ur preamp and your power amp in the amplifier. If you plug effects into the amp input all the effects (tonal, time based, whatever) are colored by the tone of the preamp before being amplified by the power amp. This is sometimes undesirable for certain effects, especially time based effects. With an effects loop you can put stuff you don't want colored by the preamp between the preamp and power amp in the amplifier. Effects loops are nice to have and work well for certain types of effects.