Page 1 of 5
Got the wood and stuff for matching a Les Paul and PRS build.

Heres the spec-

Les Paul-
One piece african mahogany back,
3A maple top,
One piece Amazaque Neck,
Rosewood fingerboard,
BareKnuckle Pickups,
Nickel or black hardwear,
Oil finish.

Kinda like this-

PRS-
One piece african mahogany back,
3A maple top,
Brazillian rosewood neck,
Rosewood fingerboard,
Bareknuckle Pickups,
Nickel or black hardwear,
Oil finish.

Kinda like this but a double cut-

Pics to follow in a few days.
such class man you wont need luck but good luck anyway
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
im sure they will be better
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp

Maybe. . . . . . . . well, I know the PRS will be better than the real thing (coz they're crap IMO! LOL)
never had a chance to play a prs coz im a lefty
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp

I think they're the most over rated guitars. Build wise, the quality is amazing but theres just something missing. Ive owned 3 and played loads more and got rid of every one.
^So wouldn't that be a preference thing?

Anways, I'ma watch this. You say 3A maple tops- is 3A a grade of figuring. I was kinda hoping they wouldn't be, because I really like plain maple like in the first picture.
whered you get the plans for the prs? LPs are easy to get templates for because everyone owns some variant of it... just borrow it, drop it onto a piece of MDF and trace
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Yeah, I suppose. I just dont like em

I love plain tops too but they were the plainest ones I could find.
Seems great
I'll be starting a les paul soon, so I'll DEFINETELY be watching this!
Quote by jscustomguitars
I love plain tops too but they were the plainest ones I could find.

It's a little odd that figured maple is so highly sought after for its visuals and rarity, yet it's more rare to find plain maple in usable sizes.
Sounds classy, I'll be watching this.

On a side note, the other day I was listening to this band on Youtube (Oslo to be specific) and in the related videos column off to the side was a video of you testing your Line 6 Flextone. I see no relation in those videos, so I found it odd to run into you in another corner of the interwebs. Sounds like a really nice amp btw, and you had that V you made last year that you had to put a pickguard on becasue you made a **** up. Personally I would make the pickguard flow a bit more with the body, looks kidna out of place right now.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Man, I was beginning to wonder what you were plotting and scheming in your silence :P

These WILL be OSSEM.

Got a 7 month old baby to look after whenever im off now the missis has gone back to work. Things are gonna be going SLOW ! lol
Going for a chambered body on the les paul, I've glued the maple top to the mahogany back, cut it to shape and done the control cavity.

I've lost the lead to transfer the pics from my phone so as soon as I find it i'll get some pics up.
That les paul is SO sexy.

even better in person.

please, blow both out of the water.

i think we all know you can.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by thedonutman
Are you doing birds? Or some other sort of inlay.

I've got a couple of nice fingerboards, when I get some pics up I'm gonna be open to suggestions. I think it'd spoil em to put any inlays on there at all.

Quote by overgronE
what kind of LP is that?

I think its a Raw Power model with EMG's added after.
Quote by jscustomguitars
...Kinda like this but a double cut-
Psst...thats a single cut

Love your builds though, can't wait to see the results
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by jscustomguitars
lol, I know, thats why I said im gonna do one like this but a double cut
Gah!

Read it too fast
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Quote by jscustomguitars
Dude...

Freakin' beautiful pieces...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
^ i've discovered that if you really dedicate the time to do it, building a guitar isnt all THAT time consuming... you make leaps worth of progress in a matter of a few hours/days. it's finding the time thats tricky
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Ive got another fingerboard to match for the Les Paul. They're both so nice I dont know wether to put inlays on em. I might photoshop the fingerboard and see what it looks like with MOP dots.

When you have the confidence and you've got things straight in your mind about what your doing, you can get a massive amount done in a short space of time. You still gotta take your time though.
Last edited by jscustomguitars at May 16, 2008,
That rosewood is AMAZING!!! where'd u get it???

and blow any standard PRS out of the water with this one...PRS is even more overpriced than Gibson!!!!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Ebay my friend, it was quite a find because it was REALLY long and almost quarter sawn all the way down its length.

Theres a slight difference in colour between the fingerboard and the neck but I think it'll be ok.

What does everyone think about the inlay situation? Inlays or no inlays?
no inlays. that rosewood's just too nice.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Page 1 of 5