hi guys,
i was just wondering how do you find chords for soloing in scales such as lydian, mixolydian, etc. I mean, pentatonic and major scales goes perfectly wid regular chord progressions but when i try to play solo in lydian or some other scales except the pentatonic and major, it really sounds off. How do know the chords that fits with them perfectly??
Usually what I do is analyze what notes are making up each chord and go from there.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Quote by pranav
hi guys,
i was just wondering how do you find chords for soloing in scales such as lydian, mixolydian, etc. I mean, pentatonic and major scales goes perfectly wid regular chord progressions but when i try to play solo in lydian or some other scales except the pentatonic and major, it really sounds off. How do know the chords that fits with them perfectly??

You'd need to have a chord that suggests Lydian such as a maj7#11, otherwise you're not playing Lydian.
You'd need to have a chord that suggests Lydian such as a maj7#11, otherwise you're not playing Lydian
It doesn't have to be that specific, all you need is a tonal centre and the intervals of the mode.

Major modes (lydian, ionian, mixolydian) work over major chords
minor modes (Dorian, Aeolian, Phrygian) work over minor chords
Basically look at the intervals that make up the chord. Any mode that shares those intervals will work.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
are there any sites or pages...that explains the basics of these intervals and modes?
^The music theory link in my sig
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums