Hey, I really want a nice delay pedal for Eric Johnson type repeats and shimmers.
He uses an EHX DMM so i originally wanted that but now mxr have this new carbon copy pedal which looks great and appears to be a clone of the DMM but a bit cheaper.
Whats the differenece in terms of sound quality and what is the better pedal?

Also.
Not that it matters but the DMM does look cooler and the carbon copy has only one out put which is a little bit of an issue.
He wants a analog delay like that of EJ not a digital.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
The Carbon Copy sounds nice, but the modulation is more subtle than that of the DMM. I don't think EJ uses much modulation on the delay anyways. If I was to choose between the two, I'd probably go for the CC because of the lower price and smaller footprint.
I'd get the DMM because I'd like to be able to combine the delay with the vibrato and chorus. But I don't know if you'd think that was worth the extra money over the CC.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
The DMM has a level knob, which I think is a really nice feature. And the chorus and vibrato pot is more accessible too.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I really like adding modulation on to delay because that sounds great, EJ uses vibrato mode on his Delay so i think that would be a nice feature to have but how subtle is is on the CC? Are there any differences in terms of TONE between these two pedals, which is better?
if you want a delay like Eric Johnson then its best to buy the pedal he uses, pointless buying something thats a copy just to save a small amount of money and then wish you had got the other pedal after a few months
Quote by scottish nutter
if you want a delay like Eric Johnson then its best to buy the pedal he uses, pointless buying something thats a copy just to save a small amount of money and then wish you had got the other pedal after a few months

Well, doesn't EJ use vintage Memory Man pedals? Not the new Deluxe Memory Man. So in that case the OP should scour eBay for one of the older versions. EJ has also used rack mounted MXR digital delays, and probably a bunch of other ones too. I'm not an EJ freak, so I wouldn't know everything in his gear, but trying to emulate his sound by replicating his setup would cost a fortune.