Just wondering if it is worth it to replace my Spider III 15W for a MicroCube. I'm not sure if it is the best choice, so I need your guys' help.
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
If it sounds disgusting to your personally and you arent just doing what UG tells you go for it.

If it sounds okay to you keep it. The lower wattage models are decent for the money. That way you can just worry about saving up in the future for your first real amp.
Not really. It won't be a big improvement, you might as well stick it out with the Spider or else upgrade to something significantly better.

^ Curse you, giving advice that contradicts mine. Sort of.
It's just a practice amp - not like you're gigging with it. It's fine to riff and write on. I wouldn't take a spider gigging, but that's me - some guys swear by them. This is like asking someone else to make up your mind for you. Decide what you like best and go with that. They're both small, low watt amps, they're both digitally geared, they're both just for practice - I don't see what the big issue is.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Denthúl
Not really. It won't be a big improvement, you might as well stick it out with the Spider or else upgrade to something significantly better.

I'd agree sire, the microcube is a great practice amp but i'd probably say not worth making a swap to it if you have an adequate practice amp
Quote by Denthúl

How we both basically said the same thing.

Just I was dissaproving of the spidercore bandwagon.
Unless you are so unhappy with your Spider that you aren't playing it, it is probably okay as a first practice amp. Might as well suck it up, and save for your first nice tube amp!
Quote by beckyjc
How we both basically said the same thing.

Just I was dissaproving of the spidercore bandwagon.

I said there was no point in changing, and you said there might have been. Hence the 'sort of'.
Quote by beckyjc
If it sounds disgusting to your personally and you arent just doing what UG tells you go for it.

If it sounds okay to you keep it. The lower wattage models are decent for the money. That way you can just worry about saving up in the future for your first real amp.

The only thing I don't like about my Spider much is that it's cleans and rock sounds are meh. It is also sorta of scratchy but that may just be my crappy cord.

But based on everyone's suggestions, I'll probably get a new guitar then save for a good tube amp later.
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
Quote by Denthúl
I said there was no point in changing, and you said there might have been. Hence the 'sort of'.

Lies.

THe cubes cleans arent a huge imrpovement theyre still a bit dry.