hi i was wondering if you guys had any sugguestions about wah pedals. my budget is around 130 at most. i like a lot of metal but it has to be a varsatile pedal. i was looking at a dunlop crybaby and i really liked it. but also i was looking at a morley alligator but didnt try it out. thanks in advance for all of your help
I have a 535Q Crybaby. Are you using a pedal for distortion or not? If so put the Wah before the distortion though. I do find that the wah does less and less the more the gain is turned up though.
I have a Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie, its not at all "mickey mouse". Anyways, it is an all right pedal for medal, maybe try one out if you can. I wouldnt say its the most versatile, especially mine which was the one that you cant really change the sound, it is set as Steve Vai himself uses it, so it cant get a whole range of sounds.
Well I own the 535Q and it is a handy bit of kit because it isn't a one trick pony. You can set it up in allot of different ways and after a bit of fiddling around you can usually get the tone you are looking for with it.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I have a Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby and it works great on clean sounds, but less on distorted sounds.

Having said this it doesn't sound bad distorted, it just doesn't sound as "wah-y" as it does clean.
Quote by Dookie92
I have a Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie, its not at all "mickey mouse". Anyways, it is an all right pedal for medal, maybe try one out if you can. I wouldnt say its the most versatile, especially mine which was the one that you cant really change the sound, it is set as Steve Vai himself uses it, so it cant get a whole range of sounds.

i meant in my opnion i didnt really like it tbh sorry iif i offended you.
i personly use a crybaby 535Q and i love it. i play alota of metal and i love it you just gota tune it in right. but it sounds freakin awsome. but get a power supply it eats batteries.
my stuff
<><><><>
roland cube<---(anyone wanna buy it?)
b.c. rich mockingbird masterpiece<-----(is gunna get new electronics soon)
mxr 10-band EQ
crybaby 535Q wah <---(its awsome)