hey in brand spankin new to the guitar instrument just got my guitar friday actually
umm yeah well my guitar is neon green a dean to be precise a six string sounds pretty good i have a marshall amp with distortion and its just a small 80$ bedroom amp to practice ya know...
Im hoping to become extremely talented with the guitar but anyways
i've hear wake me up when spetember ends is a easy song and for the most part yes it is i can play the begging 3 0 5 pretty easy but i have trouble switching from 4 0 3 to 2 0 3 and with the chords i use the chords instead of the actualy notes because their a bit to hard for me http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/g/green_day/wake_me_up_when_september_ends_tab.htm
theres the link im hoping for tips so i can play this song no problem
i know how to read the music so thats not the problem
also during the chorus and when the chords start to enter i need the strumming pattern i cant seem to find it anywhere on the net so that would also help me a lot.
and any other suggestions to a person just starting out would be great
also im 14 years old if that has any difference due to the size of my hands
im a guy so they're pretty decent for a 14 year old but yeah im really hoping to become an awesome recreational guitar player.
thanks for any help i recieve
lol

EDIT: if you wanna find the strumming pattern, listen to the song closely, the more you do it by ear you'll pick it up a hell of a lot quicker
Quote by centorium

i love green day,sure they're mostly power cords but for begginer,good they are
Quote by PlayMadness
Spent too much time in the talk like Yoda thread, you have.

umm okay
by ear isnt the pattern something like what they strum like on the intro???
but what about the chorus?
when you play

|--------------------------------------
|----3----3-----3-----3-------3------3-
|--0----0-----0-----0------0------0----
|5----5-----4-----4------2-----2-------

Here are some options:

For 5 0 3 use your ring finger on 5 and pointer on 3

Then either use your middle finger or slide down your ring finger for 4 and leave the pointer finger for 3

And the "tough part" 2 0 3 will require lifting your fingers and repositioning them as Pointer finger on 2 and ring finger on 3

That's how I would do it anyway.....