I struggle pretty bad with writing lyrics, i can compose the music just not the lyrics. I think I know why though: This may apply to others as well. I found I was trying too hard to write the 'perfect song' when thats not what i should have been trying to do. I've stopped this now and its really helped. Dont worry if something sounds bad, dont chuck it, keep it and improve it make it work.

Hope this helps.
I find that a lot of the time lyrics that are more simple are much much more effective.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Quote by highwaysalmon
I find that a lot of the time lyrics that are more simple are much much more effective.

Same here. I think the reason behind this is that when you try to write something difficult, it's harder to put across your point. What I mean is that you spend so much time trying to make the lyrics clever and meaningful that at the end of the piece they make no sense at all, and all you have succeeded in is confusing yourself and the reader.

When you write from your heart, or from your head, it all comes together alot more smoothly, at least I find it does anyway.
Quote by JGray06
I struggle pretty bad with writing lyrics, i can compose the music just not the lyrics. I think I know why though: This may apply to others as well. I found I was trying too hard to write the 'perfect song' when thats not what i should have been trying to do.

yeah, ive had that trouble(still have it occasionally) but for me its hard to find the right words for the song, like i have a topic, what the meaning of the song is, what my points is but i can never find the right words for it. can anyone help me?

Next purchase: Peavey Vypyr 30 Combo Amp