Hi!

Im thinking of applying to BIMM, either Bristol or Brighton, in 2 years after my A-levels. I've heard so many good things about it such as semi-famous / famous guitarists and tutors who have been there or teach there. It looks really nice, and has great facilities. There are plenty of courses, and it looks damn fun. I mean, studying guitar and the world of music as a degree!

However, ive heard a few people saying it's not all it's made out to be and that its not organised, and you don't get much out of it. Can i have any comments / advice about it from anyone who has been there or knows anything about it. I will put my all into it if i go, but i don't want to end up wasting my time and coming out not being able to find a job / earn a living. I know music is a risky buisiness, don't get me wrong, but is this going to help?

And i know theres bits and peices about this in other threads, but i want some up to date info and also im just awkward like that sometimes.

Just spoke to my mate who's at Brighton at the moment, he says its really fun but you don't get that much out of the course. Also bear in mind tuition fees go up from 1k to about 5k once you hit 19 apparently.
my friend's going there this year. said it seems like a nice, friendly place
Quote by Meatball200
Just spoke to my mate who's at Brighton at the moment, he says its really fun but you don't get that much out of the course. Also bear in mind tuition fees go up from 1k to about 5k once you hit 19 apparently.

Can you expand on about the not getting much out of the course bit please? Ive been told this by a couple of people, although most have said its good. I don't want to regret anything though.
Sure, he says around 90% of the course is based around blues, which "for a course that's supposed to be about MODERN music is a bit archaic".

From what I've heard, the course is fairly regimented into playing certain styles regardless of your preferences.

"Also for instance, on thursdays we have a lesson called "Music Performance Project" and all we do generally is watch old episodes of "Bad News" "

That's about it.