Hi guys i was going to buy an amp and this catched my eye. While an ibanez amp 10 watt is 8 ohms the 15 watt is 4 ohm and 30 watt is 8 ohms. what does this change? i searched the internet but i couldnt understand if it was better or not to have high ohm or low ohm. so help me please does high ohm or low ohm change sound quality? can you say 4 or 8 ohm is best or something like that? please i need help
ohms is just impendance.
it doesnt make the amp better or worse
im sure theres soomeone who can better explain impendance than me though
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I read somewhere that when you try to get more watt by reducing the ohm the sound goes higher but quality goes down... is that wrong?
Ok. Time of a physics lesson.

Everything has resistance. INCLUDING batteries. If there was something with NO resistance, it would act as a short circuit a.k.a do nothing.
resistance is like a constrictor in a pipeline, the higher the resistance in ohms, the smaller the pipeline. It restricts the flow of electrons from one area to another.

How does this matter?

Power (in watts) = I (amps) x V (volts)

V (volts) = I (amps) x R (resistance)
So.....

Power (in watts) = ^2 x R (resistance)

The less resistance, the more wattage you can produce from the same input voltage and amperage.

So the less resistance the louder the amp, which is produced via watts. It really mainly matters for stacks b/c if you have too much power, something fries!
So is there a problem for me to buy a 15 watt with 4 ohms? there is also a option of 30 watt 8 ohm. except the main differences between 30 watt and 15 watt what one would be better? if that 4 ohm is no problem for 15 watt i will go with that
Quote by ESP_Shreder

Everything has resistance. INCLUDING batteries. If there was something with NO resistance, it would act as a short circuit a.k.a do nothing.

Just to nitpick, superconductors have 0 resistance.
But for now superconductivity only happens at very low temperatures so it's not quite usable yet in every day life.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
So is there a problem for me to buy a 15 watt with 4 ohms? there is also a option of 30 watt 8 ohm. except the main differences between 30 watt and 15 watt what one would be better? if that 4 ohm is no problem for 15 watt i will go with that

No. It does not matter, and should not be a problem.

It sounds like you are buying a combo... no? Do not worry about the impedance; you really do not have to consider it until you are dealing with cabs & heads; and even then, the impedance itself does not matter (ie, 4ohm is not better than 8ohm, it is for your part, just technical jargon).

EDIT: Forgot to add... for your situation, do not worry about ohm's (duh). But! What you should be paying attention to is its rated power output, ie "30 watts". The more wattage you get, the louder your amp can get. This is what you should be putting more emphasis on.

Impedance matters with cabs and heads (and well, any other circuit) because you have to match the input & output impedances (ie, the head and cab), otherwise you risk blowing something in the amp, such as the transformer.
Quote by ESP_Shreder
So the less resistance the louder the amp, which is produced via watts. It really mainly matters for stacks b/c if you have too much power, something fries!

WRONG! you get the most power when you match the load to the device. so if the device has an output impedance of 8 ohms, you arent going to get more power/volume if you use a 4 ohm load than an 8 ohm load. in fact, the 8 ohm load will actually be louder because it will be more efficient!

so what that means is this: match the load to the device. if the amp is a combo, dont worry about it because the company has already done the work for you. if its a head/cab, make sure the cab has the same impedance as the head.

the difference in the speaker impedances of the amps you are looking at is due to the differences in the circuit design to get different ammounts of power. it just means that the circuits are slightly (or maybe not so slightly) different so that they will achieve different output volume/power. this means that the circuits will have a different output impedance and thus need a different load. dont buy one over the other just because the speaker has a different impedance.
^ Indeed.
For tube amps its safe to use a cab with lower impendance but you will loose bass response.
If you go higher than the head you risk blowing tubes or frying your OT.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
yes, I do agree. I should have tailored what I said to guitar stuff. Ventor and the VT guy are correct when it comes to the guitar side of it.