Whats the best metal/rock amp for under 1 grand? Doesnt have to be too loud, but i'd like it around 30w if possible.
If it's USD, then:

New: Bugera 6260/6262.

Used: Peavey 5150/5150II, or if you get really lucky, a 6505.

Those are all above 30w, but they have a great amount of preamp gain, so playing at bedroom volume should still give a great tone.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
1000 us dollars sorry.
Lot of metallica and some muse. stuff like that.

EDIT: Is the Bugera all tube?
Last edited by weetadsftw at May 6, 2008,
i got my peavey 65605+ for 999.99 USD. remember, you need to throw in sales tax so you're really looking for something around $800. that way, you can get your amp, and also throw in a nice monster speaker cable, and maybe a new instrument cable
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
The 5150/ 6505's a good choice if you never use the clean channel... but if you do, then getting the ENGL Thunder, like previously suggested, or a used Mesa would be a better idea.
Carvin V3 /thread.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by weetadsftw
You sure? the ratings on that arnt looking so hot.

People who rate gear on MF and guitarcenter.com generally have no idea what they're talking about. There aren't even any reviews, just people who say "ZOMG ENGL = LAME LOL!!1!!ONE!" and click one star.
An ENGL Thunder is a great choice for a lower wattage high gain head. The Thunder is 50 watts, and has enough gain for almost anything.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
People who rate gear on MF and guitarcenter.com generally have no idea what they're talking about. There aren't even any reviews, just people who say "ZOMG ENGL = LAME LOL!!1!!ONE!" and click one star.

Lol... well i checked the reviews on harmonycentral and they look good, cept for the fact that the amp has a shared eq and gain for every channel which kinda pretty much sucks.

BTW, whats the difference of the thunder DRIVE and the normal thunder 50 combo?
Quote by weetadsftw
Lol... well i checked the reviews on harmonycentral and they look good, cept for the fact that the amp has a shared eq and gain for every channel which kinda pretty much sucks.

BTW, whats the difference of the thunder DRIVE and the normal thunder 50 combo?

The Thunder Drive doesn't have reverb, but it's got seperate master volumes for the Crunch and Lead channels.
Quote by Doodleface
Carvin V3 /thread.

Yeah, that'll be really good. But probably out of his budget unless he finds a good deal on a used one.

I'd stay away from 5150/6505. Probably gonna be too much for your style of music, plus in my opinion the amp is just plain bad.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I got my 6505 212 for 879.00 USD on ebay last week.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
i see rectoverb 1x12 combos for under a grand whenever they pop up...
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
yeah i was looking into mesas. where do you think the best place to find them is? i live in indianapolis btw if anyone needs that sort of info.