Well i have got a pretty good job now and have been playing a yamaha pacifica 112 for 5 years now so now its time to upgrade I am basically wanting a guitar i will treasure and want to keep forever. My budget is about £1000 give or take (round about $2000 i think).

I am left handed though which is a pain in the ass since shops don't stock alot of them so is it safe to buy from the net? If so where should i look?

I am into Incubus (old and new), Minus The Bear, old funeral for a friend, Blink 182, old lostprophets so i would like a guitar that has a punchy, powerful sound but i can also get a beautiful clean sound for when i just want to sit and chill and play some nice sounds.

Some ideas i have so far are a gibson sg, PRS (not sure what kind but the PRS guitars really appeal to me) telecaster (although i'm not too fond of how it looks) and ibanez. If there are any others i should consider please let me know, all opinions are appreciated
i would say a PRS those are beautiful guitars i wish i had one

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

maybe a gibson, or a dean?
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I would hit up a left handed Fender Telecaster since they are pretty damn versatile and can do those genres pretty well. Perhaps look up some USA made or Japanese Teles?
1. Warmoth
2. Make Guitar
3. Play said guitar
4. ?????????
5. Profit.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
IBANEZ FOR TEH WIN!!!111ELEVEN!11

Haha, just kidding. But I hate how everyones rich:-(. But I'm proud of being lower-middle class. Ya know, getting $2/week for allowance:-(. Yay...
I have been looking about trying to find information on a left handed PRS custom 24 but can't find anything do you know if they make them?

Telecaster is one my one of my top choices mainly because they are widely available in the left handed models so i could maybe get a USA one.

Back in Red- Believe me i was like that. I couldn't get a part time job anywhere while i was at college/university but now i have a job i will save up the pennies
Get a Gibson Flying V. Its one of the few guitars that is totally symmetrical so it won't look horrbile as a lefty model. Plus it perfet for the genres that you named and plays very nicely too.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
PRS mira ?

second hand PRS is a great option.

Any USA prs will be a dream.

theres so many good guitars around that £1,000 mark, but if you save a bit more and spend £1,600 ish you will have quite a bit more quality that will last longer !

How much is that anyway if your keeping it for 30+ years ....
from what you are asking, it sounds like you want an amp not a guitar. the guitar wont sound clean and punchy by itself. even your guitar that you have right now can sound like what you want it with a good amp....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
The amp i am using is a Vox AD30VT. Had it for about 1 year now. I could maybe have got a better amp but its pretty decent. I do need a new guitar though it goes out of tune easily, one of the pickups is lose and a buzzing sound comes out of the amp so i guess the electrics in the guitar aren't too good.
ok, but I was just saying, the way you said it in your first post it makes it sound like if you prefer an amp...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Cool well sorry about the misunderstanding. Should have mentioned the amp in the first post. I seen Schecter exotic and elite guitars and they seemed nice. Didn't have time to try them though and there were no left handed ones are they any good? Was thinking maybe get a slightly cheaper guitar and get a few pedals instead of using a multi effects pedal (korg ax 1500g i think).
Quote by pa182
Cool well sorry about the misunderstanding. Should have mentioned the amp in the first post. I seen Schecter exotic and elite guitars and they seemed nice. Didn't have time to try them though and there were no left handed ones are they any good? Was thinking maybe get a slightly cheaper guitar and get a few pedals instead of using a multi effects pedal (korg ax 1500g i think).

Schecters are great guitars

Check there site, they should have left handed models there.
ESP LTD EC-100 See Thru Green. Dunno' about lefty.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
How are these two?

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/schecter/c-1_plus.htm

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/schecter/LH_Classic.htm

I'm don't really know what hardware in guitars is the best but they seem really similar to me and the C-1 classic seems to cost more mainly because of the fret inlays.

Are they Duncan pick ups good? What are the weak parts hardware wise? I am thinking of getting the C-1 plus and maybe just buying better hardware for it if needed. So should have some money left over to get some pedals.
Custom carvin. Although shipping to Scotland could rape you up the pooper.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
check out legra or ibanez rg1570l im lefty and considering buying one. Although my teacher reckons outa his whole career his PRS mccartney is the sweetest thing hes heard. He said play it unplugged its as loud as accoustic
PRS Custom 24 or an Edwards Les Paul, either one with some form of coil tapping.