What do you have now? What are you looking for in an amp? What guitar do you have? Do you plan on gigging? Are you even in a band situation? What genres do you play? etc...
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
If you're talking about new tubes and speakers and such... I say yes, it'll be good to fine tune your tone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by soccerdude3465
What do you have now? What are you looking for in an amp? What guitar do you have? Do you plan on gigging? Are you even in a band situation? What genres do you play? etc...

-I have the RG50TC

-I was looking for a good high gain amp and I read peoples responces about this being a good high gain tube on a budget and so far im mostly satisfied.

- No I dont plan on gigging anytime soon, not many people around here with the same music tastes.

-I play mostly metal and rock in general with the ocassional clean stuff.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with looking at another amp, I found it. Im just asking if it was a good investment in upgrading this.
If you're not gigging you may be able to get by with a cube of some sort. Probably won't sound as good, but much better for a bedroom musician as a 50 watter is a very loud amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
If you're not gigging you may be able to get by with a cube of some sort. Probably won't sound as good, but much better for a bedroom musician as a 50 watter is a very loud amp.

Read his last post, he already has the amp.

Yes, I'd say it's worth upgrading, it's not a bad little amp for the price. A tube change and possibly a speaker change would really bring it to life.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Read his last post, he already has the amp.

Yes, I'd say it's worth upgrading, it's not a bad little amp for the price. A tube change and possibly a speaker change would really bring it to life.

bump
i got one and its pretty damn awesome. its playable at bedroom volumes but obviously sounds better at louder volumes.

tube change totally transformed mine but i think it had faulty tubes to begin with.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by MatrixClaw

This.

And if you need more gain buy an OD.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by macaroni
i got one and its pretty damn awesome. its playable at bedroom volumes but obviously sounds better at louder volumes.

tube change totally transformed mine but i think it had faulty tubes to begin with.

what tubes did you put in?