Well I'm gonna be getting a job over the summer, so might as well get an OD pedal with the tube amp I'm gonna get while I'm at it too.

I'm not sure what to buy.

1) OCD FULl TONE

or

2) bad monkeh

or anything else that you recommend.

The ocd looks nice, but looks don't matter anyways.
Not sure about the tone between these too, but I think the bad monkey will give me a bit more OD than the fulltone. Also the badmonkey seems too digital to me (probably b/c of the same), but what do I know.

I play mostly classic rock, some hard rock, and a bit of metal.
amp will be Peavey C30
The bad monkey isn't digital.

Eventually get both, since it's nice to have nice to have a bit of crunch over the clean channel (the OCD is better at this). Get the BM for boosting the amp's distortion.

I say get the OCD first.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
The bad monkey isn't digital.

Eventually get both, since it's nice to have nice to have a bit of crunch over the clean channel (the OCD is better at this). Get the BM for boosting the amp's distortion.

I say get the OCD first.

+1
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
The Fulltone is better, without a doubt. It can be used as a boost but can also be used as an OD by itself, and it has quite a bit of gain for an OD surprisingly.

Have you considered the Fulldrive as well?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have the OCD and to be honest the Bad Monkey can't compare. The OCD is just far superior. However I will soon get a Fulldrive too (just need to get Slats to respond to my PM).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I personally suggest a Full-drive 2 rather than an OCD, unless the OCD has the particular sound you're looking for. The Bad Monkey is best as a second overdrive to give your solo tone a little more 'kick' when it matters. In fact I'd argue that it's the best dirty boost pedal out there...you'd have to triple the price to even begin finding anything else on a par. As your main drive it works quite well in conjunction with your amp's overdrive, but obviously it doesn't quite match the quality of some of the top-end stuff.
I bought a Maxon OD808 and I like it. Would I still benefit from a Bad Monkey. I almost wanna buy it just to see...