Ok recently I stopped anchoring my fingers on my picking hand. Ever since I've been playing Ive kept the fingers on my picking hand loose, like not closed in a fist. I tried playing with my fingers in a fist and I see that I can play faster. The only problem I have with that is my right hand starts to hurt after a while. I dont know if its because its a new way for me to pick or its bad technique. Can you guys give me a hand with this?
Quote by Metallica456
Can you guys give me a hand with this?

...sorry.

You might try adjusting your strap. Not quite early Beatles high, but higher.

I'm guessing here, but given you are Metallica456 you probably have your guitar, like, mid-ankle height. (not really, but Jaymz-like strappage)
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

No I keep my strap right at my waist. But Im talking strictly about my right hand. It doesnt matter if im sitting of standing. I dont know whether to keep my fingers loose or keep them in a fist. I feel that I can play better with it in a fist but after a while it starts to hurt, not extreme pain but you get the idea.
I used to get that pain, too.

I hate to say it stopped when I started having my guitar at the proper height - like belly-button height, say.

I also moved away from picks and got more into fingerstyle. I finally figured out how to play pretty aggressively without a pick.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."