The owner of a local music store today offered me a interesting trade. He offerend me a brand new Genz Benz El Diablo 100-C for my Burgera 6262 half stack. I was really thrown off by the offer and looked @ the pirce tag on the El Diablo and it was $1,699. The owner was honest enough to admit to me he'd sell for $1,200 if he got a cash offer so not to go by the retail price. Still, the cost of my Bugera was half of that. Needless to say he's aware of the cost of the Bugera. I don't know what to think or do here. I played with the El Diablo a bit and it seemed nice, sounded pretty sweet, but the cleans were just meh...what does everybody think? Is it a good deal?
Hrmm...
I say go for it. You could probably sell the Genz Benz later on.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Hrmm...
I say go for it. You could probably sell the Genz Benz later on.

I was thinking that. I could probably profit out of this somehow but man, I really, really like my Bugera. It works and sounds great. Decisions...decisions...
Play them both extensively.
And ask exactly why he wants to get rid of it for something with such a lower value.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
And ask exactly why he wants to get rid of it for something with such a lower value.

+1

And if everything is a go and you still perfer the Bugera i would still trade it, sell it and you will have some extra cash you can put into a really nice cab.
I'd check out the used market for the Genz Benz if you're planning to flip it. They seem to have a really low resale value, I've seen guys on the HC forums trying to sell them for months.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by darkarbiter7

Ah, he's tried for four months now to sell the El Diablo and had no luck. Nice. He thinks the Bugera will @ least sell, if not he's going to give it to his son because he wants a Bugera and the only way you can get one around here is on the internet. Hmm...I dunno, a bit fishy, but I inspected the Genz Benz and it's definately new and hasn't been messed with. Physically and toneally flawless. It's a today only deal though. I only have three hours to decide.
Quote by Erock503
I'd check out the used market for the Genz Benz if you're planning to flip it. They seem to have a really low resale value, I've seen guys on the HC forums trying to sell them for months.

Bingo. Think I'll keep my Bugera...
Go back and play it.
Well, I still don't trust the reliability of the Bugeras.
Who knows, it may fry next month!
Atleast with the Genz Benz, you have a bit more reliability of a better built amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'd trade a Bugera for an El Diablo in a heart beat. The Bugeras are good sounding but not reliable atm and their warranty is probably the worst I've ever heard on on anything. Plus, I just like the sound of the El Diablo better anyway.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by darkarbiter7
Go back and play it.
Well, I still don't trust the reliability of the Bugeras.
Who knows, it may fry next month!
Atleast with the Genz Benz, you have a bit more reliability of a better built amp.

I've jammed mine pretty hard and it's still truckin'. No blown tubes or other issues. Nobody is having luck selling their Genz Benz though. I mean, I like it enough I guess, but to be honest, I think the ONLY reason I would do this trade now is to try to profit. But if HE can't sell it, how can I? Evidently it's been listed on Ebay a few times with a buy it now price of 1,000 and no takers. Hmm...
No choice Genz Benz.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
play it again and decide if you like it better. if so, get it. then try to sell it, but continue playing it. if you dont sell it...oh well, you like it. if you do end up selling it, buy another bugera and have a bunch of money left over
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by modernp
No choice Genz Benz.

After doing a search on here and reading what other people are saying about the Genz Benz El Diablo I now understand why he wants to make the trade. It's not really favored here...
Quote by TheEsupremacy
After doing a search on here and reading what other people are saying about the Genz Benz El Diablo I now understand why he wants to make the trade. It's not really favored here...

You also have to remember that half the people on UG have never played the amps they talk about and just copy what they heard someone else say.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
You also have to remember that half the people on UG have never played the amps they talk about and just copy what they heard someone else say.

True that I guess. I think I'm gonna do it. It appears to be a sweet amp and I could use the downsize I guess. I can always order another Bugera...
I was playing the benz before I purchased the rivera. Looking at the build quality and the tone it was a pretty decently put together amp. But I have not played the Bugera so I really can't compare the two.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
^^ Go with the amp you like the best!

Don't buy an amp just because it has a good reputation, or is more expensive, or is supposed to be better quality. An amp is only as good as the sound it makes.
So I went back up there and played the amp and when I turned it up, it completely cut out and made the most horrible crackling sound I ever heard. RED FLAG. I messed with the volume control and it did it again, cut out, crackled and came back on almost silent even though the volume was on almost 2, I was like, uh-oh. I don't know what a broken tube sounds like so I dunno but it scared me away. I passed. I knew something had to be up. Oh well. Thanks for the input anyway guys. I appreciate it.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
So I went back up there and played the amp and when I turned it up, it completely cut out and made the most horrible crackling sound I ever heard. RED FLAG. I messed with the volume control and it did it again, cut out, crackled and came back on almost silent even though the volume was on almost 2, I was like, uh-oh. I don't know what a broken tube sounds like so I dunno but it scared me away. I passed. I knew something had to be up. Oh well. Thanks for the input anyway guys. I appreciate it.

yeah there had to have been somthing wrong with that amp for him to just trade an amp like that for your 6262. the Diablo is a sweet ass sounding amp from what i played at a shop down here before, but i have heard some bad things about those as well. like the footswitches shorting out regularlly, and rattles coming from the reverb tank.

good thing you didn't take the trade man.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by AndyRevenge
yeah there had to have been somthing wrong with that amp for him to just trade an amp like that for your 6262. the Diablo is a sweet ass sounding amp from what i played at a shop down here before, but i have heard some bad things about those as well. like the footswitches shorting out regularlly, and rattles coming from the reverb tank.

good thing you didn't take the trade man.

Yeah, I figured something had to be amiss. It was worth a thread here though. Had it worked, I would have traded I think. What could have caused that sudden cut out and loud crackle though. I'm almost ready to shoot him some lowball offer for it just to see if he'd bite and if it's just a tube or something. I'm afraid it's more though by how it reacted.
This was the first red flag I saw in this thread:

Quote by TheEsupremacy
It's a today only deal though. I only have three hours to decide.

When some salesman tells me it's a limited time offer, I generally pass. The fact that you went back and found an issue with the amp tells me he was looking to unload this thing before you discovered any flaws.

Good for you. Sometimes the best move is no move at all.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.