hey all, I am going to be buying some pedals this summer along with building my own pedal board and I'm going to need some more cables. And I was wondering how hard and how costly and what would I need for making the cables? I might need like 4 twenty footers and a few 6 inchers.

Btw, I have electronics experience so I know how to solder. I just dont know what I would need or the specific type of wire.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
ordinry A/V cable, insulated core, and shield around it, and straight/angle jacks to suit

look up a user called 'twostring' he made an ace tutorial
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
why would u want to do this? just out of interest is it just a hobby or are u trying to save money? if its money then i would say for on the board buy some patch cables, they are like a quid each, and i got a 20ft cable today for 7quid, and it works great i had my old one for 2 years before it broke
Well while this would save me cash, I also took 3 years of electrical engineering classes before I graduated high school last year. I would like to keep it up as I loved that class. I also want to start maybe doing some modding (start with my old DS-1) and maybe even build a few pedals/kits. Plus as of right now, I am sort of my band's tech. I have barely enough experience, but enough knowledge. Were not that public yet anyway. Plus, if I make my cables well enough, I have a friend at a shop who could market them for me if I wanted.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I made a simple patch cord out of speaker wire and two phono jacks bought from radio shack. Simple, sufficient, and cheap.
I recommend only using this method for small patches.
Guitar Gear>->

AXL Stratocaster (with EMG pickups)
Crate GTD15 Amp (small but loud as crud)
DigiTech RP50 Modeling Processor
Electro-Harmonics Big Muff Pi

I'm a member of the EHX Guild, and proudly use the Big Muff Pi as my distortion.
When I costed up making my own cables it was rather expensive, but then I was using high end stuff from maplin (not the cheapest supplier). Stevo got it right though, thick shielded cable, some jacks, a soldering iron and cable cutters/strippers. But I doubt you'll save any money unless you buy in bulk.

Personally I'd just buy cheap patch cables, or those jack-jack connectors without any cable (I forget the name) and then splash out on some good quality cable for my guitar-pedal and pedal-amp connections.