Hi, I am interested in purchasing the Peavey 6505 + half stack off Musiciansfriend.com.

However, I'm not sure about this, considering I live in Toronto, Canada. Has anyone had bad experience with a shipping like this? Thanks.
Its great....although, check out

www.americanmusical.com

I've ordered over 1000 worth of stuff from there in the past 3 weeks. All of it has been delivered in 2-3 days guarunteed.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Bump

I'd like to know how much duty tax and shipping tha would come to

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Its great....although, check out

www.americanmusical.com

I've ordered over 1000 worth of stuff from there in the past 3 weeks. All of it has been delivered in 2-3 days guarunteed.

Can you explain how the duty tax thing works? lol
Duty and taxes... well let me explain this a little.

American musical charges nothing for taxes.

I think that a head and cab would be a fair bit to ship, but depends on how much it costs for the taxes etc.

PRODUCT 549.00
TAX 0.00
POSTAGE & HANDLING 35.12
TOTAL $ 584.12

That was for my MBox 2 and factory bundle software which was 7 pounds.

The price of shipping for my monitors and other stuff (50+pounds) was $75....

Do you have family just across the border or someone that you know that you can ship to just across??

They will do free shipping within the states, but not to Canada (most places have the same policy)

Duty and taxes are standard canadian taxes (both GST and PST), but considering that AMS doesnt charge taxes, you dont lose any money from that aspect.
Actually, Peavey won't ship from US to canada from online stores. Already inquired on this product with AMS.

Also, American musical won't ship "oversized" items to canada period, no matter how much the shipping cost.
I would only ship the head, not the cab. For the cab you'll pay as much shipping as the cab costs. Remember you can barely carry a 4x12 cab alone with the handles, you need 2 people to carry it if it's in a box without handles!
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
You have to catapult it over the border, its the only way.
Guitar Gear>->

AXL Stratocaster (with EMG pickups)
Crate GTD15 Amp (small but loud as crud)
DigiTech RP50 Modeling Processor
Electro-Harmonics Big Muff Pi

I'm a member of the EHX Guild, and proudly use the Big Muff Pi as my distortion.
Like I said, you should probably find someone just on the other side of the border, and then go pick it up, at least shipping is free at that point.
Pick up a 1960A cab off Craigslist or Kijiji. It'll be so much easier and less hastle. Customs are a bitch now and will charge you up to 30% of the price.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD