Page 1 of 2
Who will be the next set of legends of rock from our generation? Such as Zeppelin, Sabbath, Cream, Stones and Hendrix are from the 60s and 70s. Foos? Chilis? Maybe even the White Stripes? J/W cuz I really don't think the quality of music is as great now, but thats just my opinion
Muse

Quote by jimmyslashpage
J/W cuz I really don't think the quality of music is as great now, but thats just my opinion

I think thats a stupid opinion...but thats just my opinion
Metallica, Megadeth DEFINITELY IRON MAIDEN!
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Nine Inch Nails

Quote by metaldud536
How about giving some not-so-mainstream bands a chance?

No, they obviously suck if they don't have fans
Who will be the next set of legends of rock from our generation? Such as Zeppelin, Sabbath, Cream, Stones and Hendrix are from the 60s and 70s. Foos? Chilis? Maybe even the White Stripes? J/W cuz I really don't think the quality of music is as great now, but thats just my opinion

Your probably the first classic rock fan Ive ever met that has said that.

I think everything thats mainstream rock realy.....

Chillis, foos, etc
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by QuiatFat
John Mayer is the next Clapton.

That's right, I went there.

I think he definately has the potential, but he writes too much poppy stuff.....
Quote by MetallicSoul92
Metallica, Megadeth DEFINITELY IRON MAIDEN!

i believe those guys are already legends of old.
Quote by GiantRaven
Nine Inch Nails

Just cos a band isn't mainstream, doesnt mean they dont have fans.
Quote by metaldud536
How about giving some not-so-mainstream bands a chance?

If they aren't mainstream, its because they don't have enough fans. If they don't have enough fans, who's going to remember so that they gain legendary status?
Muse are about the only outstanding band to come out in the last 10 years (That I know of.).
Science Faction should be interesting. Can't wait to see how that one turns out.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Just cos a band isn't mainstream, doesnt mean they dont have fans.

But they don't have as many fans! Therefore popular bands are better!!!
Quote by Ichimaru
If they aren't mainstream, its because they don't have enough fans. If they don't have enough fans, who's going to remember so that they gain legendary status?
Muse are about the only outstanding band to come out in the last 10 years (That I know of.).
Science Faction should be interesting. Can't wait to see how that one turns out.

I know my good friend Bootsy Collins is a part of that, who else is?

Quote by GiantRaven
A guitar duo the world needs to see?

I regret to admit that I would actually pay money to see that.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
sadly it's looking like it's gonna be **** like fall out boy

the music of today is in dire need of some real legends.
Rockin' shit
Quote by GiantRaven
Nine Inch Nails

being mainstream doesn't mean you don't have fans, it means you aren't radio/ mtv friendly so the common people don't get to hear your music.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Back Door Slam. Epic blues.
Mattrach is going to be the next Steve Vai.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

muse, radiohead, foo fighters
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Where I live the mainstream bands i listed are considered weird....everyone listens to rap and country
PROTEST THE HERO!!!! i hope. they deserve to be legends, they're so cool and down to earth, and they have ****in insane music. I have little faith in the music of nowadays, and I dont think any of it will last. I love it, but i dont think it has what it takes to last forever. my personal opinion is that we're entering a new era where there wont be legends, there will be movements, and musical revolutions.

and for chrissake, can we please get rid of rap and hip hop? that stuff sucks balls, and probably has the best chance at making "legends" that people will remember
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by ValoRhoads
being mainstream doesn't mean you don't have fans, it means you aren't radio/ mtv friendly so the common people don't get to hear your music.

You have that backwards my friend. Perhaps you should start over your pokemon journey.
Quote by metaldud536
You have that backwards my friend. Perhaps you should start over your pokemon journey.

Make sure you pick Bulbasaur!
Quote by muse-ik
PROTEST THE HERO!!!! i hope. they deserve to be legends, they're so cool and down to earth, and they have ****in insane music. I have little faith in the music of nowadays, and I dont think any of it will last. I love it, but i dont think it has what it takes to last forever. my personal opinion is that we're entering a new era where there wont be legends, there will be movements, and musical revolutions.

and for chrissake, can we please get rid of rap and hip hop? that stuff sucks balls, and probably has the best chance at making "legends" that people will remember

See you need to be crucified in a way that would impress Jesus because your level of ignorance is amazing.
Quote by GiantRaven
Make sure you pick Bulbasaur!

Naw! Pick Charmander!

The start will be hard, but then he is the best one!
+, you can get a Caterpie and evolve him into a Butterfly for the 2nd GYM.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by DeadMeadow
The Mars Volta
= the sound of a busload of schoolchildren being simultaneously molested by a prison rapist and careening into the grand canyon.

Yah, they're great.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by ValoRhoads

Not true.

My dad was telling me about how the only reason he heard metallica/black sabbath/any other metal/rock legend was through tapes he had acquired through friends and family.
Even with this drawback they had a huge following.

I guess that's pretty much what it takes to become a legend.

And as much as it's not gonna happen, Protest the Hero deserves a memory spot. They are nothing short of epic.
Quote by urik
Naw! Pick Charmander!

The start will be hard, but then he is the best one!
+, you can get a Caterpie and evolve him into a Butterfly for the 2nd GYM.

Well, it depends on if you want a challenge or not.

If you pick Bulbasaur, your rival will pick charmander, which can be taken down by an easy to find water pokemon.

Butterfree is useless after the second gym, thus totally wasting your time training it. But in the end, Charmander is so bad ass that it compensates for the training time.
unfortunately, the status of legend really is based on popularity and not as much talent, so from these its gonna be artists like

john mayer
chili peppers
foo fighters

and dare i say even artists like falloutboy and mcr might even reach it

ultimately there will be talented legends and not-so-talented legends
ya my dad said the radio music was pretty bad with streishand and cher (or something like it) and such back in the early 70's. And he listened to more stuff on 8 tracks and albums
Quote by metaldud536
You guys make me sad....

You shall be a legend.

I think Kylie will. Mika White Stripes. Probably Mark Ronson. And sad to say, Pete Doherty.
Page 1 of 2