Guys, when opening your left hand, does it automatically span?
When opening my left hand, my fingers seperate a lot more than my right hand does...
This got anything to do with bass? Anyone else's hand do the same thing?
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Thats so wierd....

Could be to do with bass, Im not sure. It happens with me to

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
Haha, yea, it does.I never really noticed.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Not to me.... except the index finger on the left hand
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
I've also heard of people who say they're fretting hands fingers are longer than their other hands. Actually mine are!
Wow... I never noticed... Untill now...
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
wtf? i have never looked before now, but yeah, they do. my left fingers spread noticably wider. especially between my index and middle finger, and my pinky and ring finger. i'm thinkin' it must be the bass playing. interesting observation. lol
Yeah wow... it just doesn't feel right to keep the left hand fingers closer together.

That's bizarre. You get out of my head right now mister.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
My fingers open differently. For some reason, my left hand seems more open, but the fingers on my right hand kinda face inward slightly.
I think my hands are just ****ed up
XD ...
=) ....
=/ .....
=(
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
good, so it's not just me
and I have a feeling that my left hand fingers are longer than my right due to them stretching flatter, either that or demand characteristics/the placebo effect.
It makes sense. You build flexibility with the muscles; no different than soccer players being more flexible in their main kicking leg.
Quote by anarkee
I can spread my pinky down to create a perfect "L" shape with my left hand.

I can stretch it futher.

Does that make me special?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
I can stretch it futher.

Does that make me special?

Yes--! But you knew that already.
My freting hand also does that, but oddly when at complete rest my left hand forms a shape that perfectly fits a playstation 2 pad, and my right perfectly fits a mousewhich shows what i do with my life most of the day!
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Whoa thats wierd, happens on my little finger most
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by TNA
I've also heard of people who say they're fretting hands fingers are longer than their other hands. Actually mine are!

Same!

The spacing seems the same though when I open my hand.
I can spread about 9.5 frets with my left hand, but only about 7 with my right.
crazy... in another 2 years I should have a full octave, if this keeps going...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
woah thats weird

happens to me too
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."
-Vegeta
AHH!!

That happens to me to, how did I not notice!?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Happens with me too but not as much since i can't span a full five frets yet [Almost there! ><] Although, when i let my hand loose the left curls up into fretting position and the right seems pretty normal.
Quote by the humanity
I can spread about 9.5 frets with my left hand

9 and a half frets where?!

From fret 1 to 10 thats impossible, thats like 12inches!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonn0
good, so it's not just me
and I have a feeling that my left hand fingers are longer than my right due to them stretching flatter, either that or demand characteristics/the placebo effect.

Last night at the studio and today at work, all of the bass players and guitarists in residence did a comparison of fretting hand and plucking / strumming hands. And for almost everyone, the fretting hand fingers were slightly or marginally longer. None of us had ever noticed this before...
It's funny - my index, middle, and ring fingers have the exact same amount of stretch on both hands. My pinkie has a good 3/4 inch more stretch on my left.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by twowheels
My freting hand also does that, but oddly when at complete rest my left hand forms a shape that perfectly fits a playstation 2 pad, and my right perfectly fits a mousewhich shows what i do with my life most of the day!

hmm, but I think mice are designed to fit your hand naturally anyway...
Quote by Jonnomainman
9 and a half frets where?!

From fret 1 to 10 thats impossible, thats like 12inches!

of course not, I meant from 20 towards the nut.
wish it was from 1. that would be sweet.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by anarkee
I can spread my pinky down to create a perfect "L" shape with my left hand.

hey i can do that too lol
i've never noticed but yea its true. this is pretty cool haha
Quote by anarkee
Last night at the studio and today at work, all of the bass players and guitarists in residence did a comparison of fretting hand and plucking / strumming hands. And for almost everyone, the fretting hand fingers were slightly or marginally longer. None of us had ever noticed this before...

Pfft, marginally shorter. My thumb on my right hand is a good cm shorter than the thumb on my left hand. Not because of bass, it's just a deformity of one type or another.
for me its actually the opposite, the hand that i strum and slap with can spread wider, am i gay ? :'(
I don't have a big difference though the left spans slightly further and my left pinky is a bit longer. Anyone notice that the muscle lump of the hand between index knuckle and thumb joint is noticably larger on their fretting hand than on the picking hand?
I can't tell if I'm doing this naturally or if I'm kinda subconsciously doing this because I first looked at this AFTER reading the whole thread.

On second thought, when I try to spread them out as far as possible, my left (fretting hand) makes an L, and my right hand only goes about 75 degrees.