So while i am waiting on hardware/templates to finish up my tele, im going to start on my next one, a super-stratish shape, but carved to top such as a les paul, with a set-in neck, angled headstock (i am thinking 13 degrees) with a scarf joint, 3 piece laminate neck, likely maple/mahogany/maple.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ABOUT ME BITCHING ABOUT STEWMAC/GRIZZLY LUMBER AND THEIR PRICES :

The piece of birdseye maple was 12 dollars at the lumber-yard...
the piece of mahogany was 8 dollars.
the neck laminates were 3 dollars each, havent found a mahogany laminate yet.

Here is is a picture of my birdseye maple... i ONLY hand-plane my glue joints, its the only way to get them perfect.

Here is a picture of my strange mahogany. the mahogany appears to have a birds-eye figure as well, but that is impossible if you knew what birdseye was really caused by you would agree, but ill jus go with it... here it is already glued up...

Here is some curly maple neck-stock that will be used as laminates...

you know me, ill keep you guys posted. it should be a good-one.

I am thinking... Humbucker/p-90/p-90...? just to be unique? i love the way those p-90s sound as well, reverse wound middle, regular wound neck? THAT IS! if i dont get a pickup-winder before the end of this project... if i do get a pickup winder, the pickups will be whatever magnets, etc, but made out of ebony, and the guitar will have black hardware. just a wrap-around bridge i am thinking, 2 degree pitch in the neck..
Last edited by LP Addict at May 6, 2008,
amazing concept man! deff subscribing... but why not try a single/p90/p90 configuration? (single on the neck) that would be amazing
Looks great! Keep us updated!
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
I'd go Humbucker/single/P-90

Has that ever been done? Your neck would sound really warm and smooth with that, and you'd have the ability to get a decent crunch outa the bridge
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
triple humbucker is like running 8 miles with severe random diarrhea .

wayyyy overkill for me. i personally hate the way humbuckers sound except for the bridge for rocknroll. i love single coil tones, never really tried a p-90. id imagine it would yield a similiar tone to a single coil.
ive heard p90s being described as a perfect mix between a humbucker and a single coil - in essence its supposed to have the growl you get from a single coil but the higher output you get from a humbucker. cant wait to see this build progress!
glued up my curly maple laminates today for my neck. might do an adder piece to the back, or do a scarf joint to get the angle, havent decided yet.

neck stock :

Look at the quartersawn-ness, and the growth rings are retarded-close together. this neck is going to be amazing.

after a run on the jointer, and about 10 minutes of hand planing my glue joint :
ive been watching your thinline build and now i see this one, ive got to say i love your work. you've convinced me to give it a go since my recently rebuilt squire tele really needs a good body to go with what might be my ideal electronic setup. keep up the good work man. you've inspired me
my yummy neck laminates. =]

ALSO :

The hardwoods place about an hour from my house RULES!!!

I went there yesterday, and i got Bolivian rosewood.... boyyyy did i get bolivian rosewood. they are literally neck blanks. 3.75 wide, 28'' long, 1'' thick, all perfectly quartersawn.... how much you say?

$8.25 each.

Bloodwood neck blanks?

$6.50 each.

Rosewood fingerboards? $4.00

Awesome.
wow, i need to go by my lumber yard and see if they have anything half that nice.
Your perspective on wood prices has made me want to inquire into the wood cost at some lumber yards around here.

after searching, no companies in this area have websites.s

*edit:

my tenacious attitude has found me a website of a local (in TOWN!) dealer.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
Last edited by jedilley at May 9, 2008,
I've been dreaming up a cabinet for the amp I'm working on, need some good wood. that sounds bad.

I'll let it stay anyways.
STUFFZ:
Digitech Bad Monkey
pine is the ONLY way to go for a cabinet. You havent heard a real speaker cabinet until youve heard a solid pine with a birch ply baffleboard cabinet. it will be alot louder, MUCH more sounding than ANY 13 ply birch peice of **** you will find at any store.
I've played enough cabinets, swapped enough speakers, to know what makes a good cabinet a good cabinet. many designs for different things, but what you mentioned was my 100% plan for this cabinet. lol

anyways. so, pics of the rosewood? other woods you got? more pics please. trying to go back to the original topic.
STUFFZ:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by hans the lefty

lookj at theese
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Wow. curvy... chromey... randomness.
STUFFZ:
Digitech Bad Monkey