Page 1 of 2
whats your favorite song to play on bass? i'd have to say hyper music and dead star by muse and tell me baby by RHCP are a few of my favorites
DECRESCENDO
another one bites the dust
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
i dont play bas but if i did i would say anyhthing by tool or caught in a mosh by anthrax would be hella fun to play!
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Incubus,
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Boogie wonderland and september - earth wind and fire
heard it through the grapevine - marvin gaye
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Aeroplane- RHCP its great fun.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
welcome to the jungle. simple, yet really, really really fun.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
just a few personal faves.

gang control by Morning Glory/LoC
five finger discount + 500 Channels by Choking Victim/LoC
Olympia Wa + Maxwell Murder + Detroit by Rancid
46 & 2 by Tool
Police & Thieves by The Clash
the ocean by zeppelin
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Betweeen the Buried and Me - "Ants of the Sky." Or Viridian. Actually, pretty much any BTBAM song will do.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
anything from coheed and cambria

the bass lines are way more intense then anyone realizes and there super fun to play
anything from muse
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
anything by the cure would be fun to play, they have some cool sounding bass lines, but I'm a guitarist, so I dont have a bass to play them on.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Coheed & Cambria, as well as Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment have some of my favorite bass-lines.

THE best ever, though, has to be the fretless bass in "To Bid You Farewell" by Opeth, which is pretty much the best acoustic arrangement I've heard.
Quote by Metal_Rich

Or this^

Off topic: I saw them live like a week ago, quite possibly the best concert I have ever seen, Peart is friggen brilliant.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Look up Maximum the Hormone, their bassist Shimi in particular. Don't touch the stuff written by Key, though; he sucks.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
the end of rockin' the suburbs by ben folds has a sick bass line. as well as one angry dwarf and 200 solemn faces, by the ben folds five.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Under Pressure
Gear:
Agile PRS Copy w/ floyd PS-970
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
Quote by alkalineweeman
just a few personal faves.

gang control by Morning Glory/LoC
five finger discount + 500 Channels by Choking Victim/LoC
Olympia Wa + Maxwell Murder + Detroit by Rancid
46 & 2 by Tool
Police & Thieves by The Clash

Aye, i second "Gang Control" by Leftover Crack

Maxwell Murder is a great one too, but you have to play the solo for it to sound nearly as good as it should.

Other great bass lines, "Officer" by Operation Ivy is an amazing song. All Operation Ivy songs are great to play, so complicated and wonderful.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
scarified- Racer X
frickin sweet
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
if you ever get really bored start to learn guitar riffs, things like RHCP Is good for simple solos. the under the bridge intro is kinda funny to get down on a bass
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
Alot of Green Day songs have cool bass lines, dis Billie Joe all you want but Mike Dirnt kicks ass on bass. I love the bassline to Longview and Stuat and The Avenue.
My Friend of Misery by Metallica and any Wolfmother or RATM song is fun.
I got my own life to live,
I'm the one that's going to die
when its time for me to die.
So let me live my life
the way i want to.
-Jimi Hendrix, If 6 was 9
Quote by Joryko
My Friend of Misery by Metallica and any Wolfmother or RATM song is fun.

dunno bulls on parade is pretty boring on bass
Quote by chinkboy7
dunno bulls on parade is pretty boring on bass

thats why I said any. Look into some of their lesser known stuff like Maggies Farm or How I Could Just Kill a Man. The solo in Calm like a Bomb is fun too.
I got my own life to live,
I'm the one that's going to die
when its time for me to die.
So let me live my life
the way i want to.
-Jimi Hendrix, If 6 was 9
Vinnum Sabbati is fun in an 'easy but sounds awsome' way, and Hammer Smashed Face is fun in a 'tough to play but sounds awsome' way.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Page 1 of 2