So I was surprised to receive a phone call today from my dad that I never talk to. He sent me a picture of a guitar and asked if I like it. Of course I said yes and he said good, cause it's yours now. Such a huge step up from the Bronze Warlock I was using.

PRS SE Single Cut:

Said he paid 450 for it brand new with a hardshell case which seems like an unbelievable deal. The only sad thing is I can't play it until he comes to visit for the Metallica concert in about a week or so.
Last edited by Gigatiran at May 6, 2008,
Well since I don't have to save for a new guitar should I swap the pickups for some EMG's? OR are the stock pickups as good as I hear?
A Crate GX-130c.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Nice. Those are really great guitars, and for that price it's a steal. Especially new. And yeah, the stock pickups are fine.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Nice. Those are really great guitars, and for that price it's a steal. Especially new. And yeah, the stock pickups are fine.

Yeah I thought they retailed for about $600 without a case.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
i have that exact same guitar!!

pickups are really voiced... but I want a hotter bridge pickup... thats just me...

btw, i hate your dad... that guitar + hardcase cost me nearly 700 bucks

edit: the color of the guitar seems really bright on those pics... its really much more dark.. just to let you know
Good guitar...
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Very nice guitar for the price. Best guitar you can buy in that price range. But with new pickups that guitar would be great.
Quote by Gigatiran
Well since I don't have to save for a new guitar should I swap the pickups for some EMG's? OR are the stock pickups as good as I hear?

I have a Santana SE and I honestly hated the stock pickups and ended up swapping them for a PRS Dragon set I had lying around so now I have no complaints about the guitar. I'm an EMG 81/60 fan, so I will tell you to just get some EMG's.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Yeah I was thinking about the EMG 81/60 so I can still get some good clean sounds, but I guess I could do that later on when I get bored. And I'm sure it'll look darker when I take new pictures, I'm sure these were taken with a camera phone.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

Yeah but it's almost torture that I can't have it now. And mine is the tremolo version.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella