Schecter:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Stiletto-Custom-4-Bass-102042405-i1147947.gc

Epiphone:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Thunderbird-IV-Bass-100388504-i1150015.gc

i know there is quite a price difference in the two, but i love the look of the Thunderbird sooo much...haha

what are some of you guy's opinions on these?

or anything in this price range and quality range...

thanks!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
this is the only time i am ever going to recommend a schecter over anything because the thunderbird really is that bad
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
schecter

used to have it
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
The thunderbird is very low quality compared to the schecter.
I have 2 schecters and for the price range they cant be beat.
No question. Schecter Stiletto.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
aight guys! thanks!....i love the look of both....but i was just going to throw the question out there....

i have played the Thunderbird and it felt good, but that is because im sooo used to my crap squier....

im going to go play alot of them...but mainly the Schecter...

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by bojangleman
aight guys! thanks!....i love the look of both....but i was just going to throw the question out there....

you should buy a bass for how it sounds and feels. how it looks is secondary.

in this case the schecter wins both categories anyway.
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Line6 LD150Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Shecter all dayyyy everyyyy dayyyy!
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Say no to T-Birds
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Bass forum friends don't let bassist friends buy Epiphones. Any Epi...

Yes--Schecter is the way to go. Even if you love the look of the Tbird, the sound and can deal with the neck dive, they are not well built instruments and Epi at least in their basses have major QA issues.
I just purchased a Schecter Damien 4 and I love it. I would suggest the Schecter. I've always heard bad things about Epiphone although I myself have never played one.
inb4Fitz

Don't buy the tbird it looks nice but it sucks to put it bluntly. I've heard that the bridge can come off while your playing it but i haven't seen that yet.
I have one and the damn bridge popped off while I was playing. I just use it as my drop d bass because it has no tone anyway.
In my opinion, you'd have to have some sort of mental affliction to choose the Epiphone over the Schecter. Anybody who will recommend otherwise is either a guitar player, or a bass player whose never played more than 3 basses in their entire lives and never use capitals or punctuation in their posts.

But yes, try them both out and see which one you'll like the best. It'll be the Schecter. Then you'll say "oh, they were right."
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at May 8, 2008,
try them with straps on.
that's probably how you're gonna play, right?

Schecter.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Schecter Stiletto. Simply one of the best basses in it's price range, depending on your tastes. Excellent tone, excellent electronics allowing for adaptability, sleek and modern looking, and a lovely neck. My only issue is that some models have a lacquer type finish on the back of the neck, which some love, some don't.

Thunderbird. Almost universally hated for it's terrible design, dull, lifeless tone, atrocious balance issues and fret access.

You can make a Stiletto put out the low end plunk of a Thunderbird. You can't ever match the ability of the Stiletto with a Thunderbird.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.