ok basically i mite abandon the stress of a band and just go solo. does anyone think that it would be cool to just be a solo guitarist who does stand up with guitar too?

2 different things, mainly like pure guitar acts.

does anyone think that would work for gigs and stuff at like bars and then work my way up?

cos i got a solo gig at college soon and its goin well alone.
I know a cat that does that. He gets gigs around the area but nothing too big. He opens for bands alot.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Just guitar?

Like satch and the like?

If you can pull a crowd I suppose. Personally, I find it to be incredibly boring.
Quote by kwidjibo1
ok basically i mite abandon the stress of a band and just go solo. does anyone think that it would be cool to just be a solo guitarist who does stand up with guitar too?

2 different things, mainly like pure guitar acts.

does anyone think that would work for gigs and stuff at like bars and then work my way up?

cos i got a solo gig at college soon and its goin well alone.

Like this? Legend!
yh i was thinkin about it cos im a really good comedian, i can literally make anyone laugh lol, dont mean to brag but its one of few things im proud of, plus i can alternate between stand up and solo's or join together.

i've been interested in this since i saw a vid of synyster gates dad doing stand up while playing guitar to make themes for it. ill add a link...
Quote by ValoRhoads
I know a cat that does that. He gets gigs around the area but nothing too big. He opens for bands alot.

thats possibly one of the stupidest things I've laughed at.

I hate Guitar playing comics, so I suggest no and go play real music.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
If your good enough and enjoy it, go for it. Bands can be less stressful you may find though. The work load is spaced out more evenly. While if you are your own, there is a huge amount of pressure, particularly on stage. I think we are designed to express music to other humans, not our own.
aslong as it's not an hour of solos and you actually play something melodic
not saying don't have a shred now and then I'm just saying take all avenues of guitar playing into account
I write solo music and to me the best thing about it is how easy you can fit some many types of styles into your work
If you can create something with atmosphere people won't get bored
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
ok guys, thanks alot for your support. im gunna start working for the gig at college in 6 weeks, ill update my progress