I have owned and played quite a variety of amps over the last while and i need some expert advice...

I need an amp that is small enough for practicing with a band, but large enough to gig with. What brands, wattage, and models should i be looking at?
Thanks in advance
Depending on how many guitarists, their amps, the size of the gigs, and how loud your drummer is, you'll need at least 150-180w. Judging from the bands you like, Ampeg, MarkBass, Fender, Peavey, Trace Elliot, Ashdown, and Gallien-Krueger are all good brands to look at. Try some out to see what you like. What we like isn't that important.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Markbass makes small amps that can get several hundred watts.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I have a fender 150 bass man combo... It isn't that great and just at maximum volume is barely audible in a band practice (we play loud and hard )... So go for around 200 watts if you really wanna be prepared for a practice and live setting... And i would suggest and ampeg bass amp. I tried one at a local music store and it was basically eargasmic compared to my fender combo amp .
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by c3powil
Markbass makes small amps that can get several hundred watts.

they're great amps but I doubt our friend has 750 USD to spend on a practice combo.

as said before, Ampeg, GK, Ashdown, and Fender would be good choices and fairly inexpensive. You're probably going to want at least 150W (as above stated) but if your gigs are large or ambitious in any way you'll probably have to go for 200W and up.
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Line6 LD150Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
You could go Little Mark II or an Ashdown Little Giant and a 210 or 410 from Avatar or Carvin. BTW a price range would be helpful.