Because I don't want to blow $150 on a Sovtek Green, is there anything else that sounds good at a more reasonable price, or am I just better off waiting and saving up a lot of money?
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Little Big Muff
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Big Muff NYC?

Build a Clone?

I dunno, it depends on what kind of fuzz sound you're looking for, and what your budget is.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
http://www.buildyourownclone.com/beaver.html

The BYOC Large Beaver. Either build it yourself, or have a friend do it for you, and there's an excellent Muff that beats the Electro-Harmonix reissues.

Might help if you get some sort of boost pedal for it, though.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
i say if ur gonna get a fuzz pedal get a FUZZ pedal. not a somewhat-fuzzy-but-more-distortion pedal.

the ZVEX tweak fuzz is crazy and sexy sounding
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
If he wants a good, vintage fuzz pedal....

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/fuzz.html
http://www.buildyourownclone.com/tonebender.html

The first one is a Fuzz Face clone (Hendrix-y), the second is a Tonebender clone (Jimmy Page-y). What I said before applies here as well.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i say if ur gonna get a fuzz pedal get a FUZZ pedal. not a somewhat-fuzzy-but-more-distortion pedal.

Seymour Duncan makes the Tweak Fuzz...

ZVex makes the Fuzz Factory/Probe, Wolly Mammoth and Octane III, which are all awesome pedals, but probably too expensive for the OP's budget.

A regular BMP, or some Muff or Fuzz Face clone would probably be OK.
thank you kyrreca. that was my mistake. i remember the vid for it though, it was AWESOME.

i'm talking about the FUZZ FACTORY of course. get it. it's small, sexy, and sweet as heck.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Yeah, it's a great pedal, and it could have easily been called Tweak Fuzz. When I got mine, I spent the first week tweaking the knobs so much, I almost didn't get the time to play any guitar.

It might be a bit pricey for the OP, though. The handpainted ones go for $300, and the Vexter version goes for around $150.
damn that's a lotta money. but it was SOOO crazy!! it's almost as cool as having a whammy really.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I started a thread called "affordable fuzz pedals" and most of you guys are suggesting I buy a hand-made $300 fuzz pedal. Thanks.

I will, however, check out that BYOC Beaver pedal. Looks like it would be fun to try to make!
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
theres a guy on here who makes fuzz pedals, i think you should just wait for him to pop up.
lol.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
The Little Big Muff sounds better than the regular reissue Big Muff IMO, and it's cheaper
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
80 for the one in my sig?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by MmmCesium
The Little Big Muff sounds better than the regular reissue Big Muff IMO, and it's cheaper

Sounds worse if you ask me. It's all a matter of preference, you need to try them both out to see.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by SLD.Potato
I started a thread called "affordable fuzz pedals" and most of you guys are suggesting I buy a hand-made $300 fuzz pedal. Thanks.

I will, however, check out that BYOC Beaver pedal. Looks like it would be fun to try to make!

One guy suggested a fuzz factory, and he was unaware of the price. Everyone else had valid suggestions.
Quote by slash_rocks2005

Damn man, you ****ing tricked me. I was in disbelief when you gave me the impression that Zvex had released a new fuzz, and I didn't know about it!

But yeha, there are plenty of great fuzzes out there. Take a look at the Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz, cheap and good, and the BYoc stuff has already been mentioned. Also, check out the Morrison Audio Big Fluff on Ebay, awesome pedal, bought my bassist one. By the way, I will kill you in you sleep if you buy a Big Muff because they are terribly over-rated.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
By the way, I will kill you in you sleep if you buy a Big Muff because they are terribly over-rated.

Ever played an old one?
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by Thefallofman
Ever played an old one?

How old are we talking?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM