so i brought my guitar to school and this kids snapped my high E string so i went out today n bought new strings for it, the super slinkys and when i put them on my schecter the floating tremelo seems to be out of whack O_o the front part of it is the normal height above the body of the guitar and the rear part of it is significantly lower...now my strings buzz w/o mercy. I'm thinking its because they put heavier gauge strings on it stock when i bought it from guitar center...i dont know what gauge though. What do i do!?!! halp plz!!1!11!!!
WHY DID YOU LET SOMEONE TOUCH YOUR GUITAR!!!!!. thats like rule number one
-I don't believe this, my girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

-In a row?
take it to guitar center and have them do a set up for you. really, who woulda thought of that?
Quote by FloydFan89
WHY DID YOU LET SOMEONE TOUCH YOUR GUITAR!!!!!. thats like rule number one

i sat it down for a minute and when i turned around and i saw that he wuz putting it down looking very confused...and i wuz all like
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
so i brought my guitar to school and this kids snapped my high E string so i went out today n bought new strings for it, the super slinkys and when i put them on my schecter the floating tremelo seems to be out of whack O_o the front part of it is the normal height above the body of the guitar and the rear part of it is significantly lower...now my strings buzz w/o mercy. I'm thinking its because they put heavier gauge strings on it stock when i bought it from guitar center...i dont know what gauge though. What do i do!?!! halp plz!!1!11!!!

Did you take all of the strings out at once?

You should turn the screws from the back of the guitar to balance it. Because if you take all strings out at once on an FR, it gets whacked. But if you're not too familiar with FR's right now, you should get it setup.
Quote by ortrigger
take it to guitar center and have them do a set up for you. really, who woulda thought of that?

ya i did think of that nearest gc is like 100 miles away...
Quote by Vantage
Did you take all of the strings out at once?

You should turn the screws from the back of the guitar to balance it. Because if you take all strings out at once on an FR, it gets whacked. But if you're not too familiar with FR's right now, you should get it setup.

yes
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
ya i did think of that nearest gc is like 100 miles away...

any friends who are knowledgeable or a local guitar shop?
Quote by ortrigger
any friends who are knowledgeable or a local guitar shop?

no knowledgable friends...guitar shop that is here doesn't do it
Be like me buy strings that are gauge .15 - .90 it will do the fixing.
Last edited by The Minorthreat at May 6, 2008,
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
no knowledgable friends...guitar shop that is here doesn't do it

screwed

ps its sad you have no smart friends
Last edited by strat7993 at May 6, 2008,
Quote by strat7993
screwed

lol...can i adjust the back of it while its in tune? or will that **** it up?
Quote by Vantage
Well, don't do that with FR's.

Anyway, you should loosen or tighten the screws from the back of the guitar's body to fix the bridge. Don't turn it too much though.

how much is too much O_O
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
and do i want both the left and right sides of the floating bridge to be the same height?

Yeah, you want it parallel to the body of the guitar, and read the link that was posted by another user.