Today in science class we were learning about valves so i decided for extra credit to bring in a power tube from my valveking but when i got home the tip of the tube broke when i tried to put it back in.

I didnt know if it mattered too much but when i tried to turn it on to see if it would still work there was this loud buzz noise and now it wont turn on at all, any one know what the problem is?

And on a second note i know im going to have to replace the tubes but want to try out el-34s or 84s or mabye kt66s and was wondering what other tubes are compatible w. the VK (and would be best for metal)
Last edited by guitarbite.fire at May 6, 2008,
well yea i know i need a new tube i just was wondering if you need 2 tubes in the sockets for it to turn on or not. Im going to sam ash some time this week and getting a new set
Quote by guitarbite.fire
well yea i know i need a new tube i just was wondering if you need 2 tubes in the sockets for it to turn on or not. Im going to sam ash some time this week and getting a new set

Good .
are you familiar with how to bias your amp?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
You should really hope that you didn't fry your output transformer. It's not a good idea to put obviously damaged tubes into an amp.
^^

And hence the reason there are "so" many issues with Bugera users.....

low priced amps mean new tube players f**king with stuff....

On topic: hope to god you didn't fry it....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
^^

And hence the reason there are "so" many issues with Bugera users.....

low priced amps mean new tube players f**king with stuff....

On topic: hope to god you didn't fry it....

Ah. So that's why they aren't "reliable"? New tube players (since its so cheap, ppl buy it as a first tube amp) screwing something up and blowing it up?
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard (Cherry finish)
Ibanez JS1000 (Black Pearl finish)

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Bugera 333XL Head (Coming Soon)
Avatar G212H Special (Coming Soon)
Crate FW15R
yea..well me 2 it is my first tube but im not just a retard or anything the tube wasnt damaged when i put it in or anything mabye i put it in backwards or something.