my question is would it be right if i stuck my sub woofer in m front seat of a Cheverolet regular cab. If yall dont know wht tht is basically no back seat. Anyway im planning to a 10 inch sub with 1500 watss and the other stuff. I want to put my sub on the floor board of my passenger side. Could you tell me wht would go wrong if anything or if the sound get worse. Any help would be nice.
Dont do that, its not safe for your situation. Maybe not even legal.
Last edited by zxxAACxxz at May 6, 2008,
I drive a Ford Ranger, regular cab. I have a 1200 watt 12" sub behind my passenger seat right now. Find people who know trucks. I have guys who regularly build boxes made for trucks. They're kinda angular, instead of a "box", and they fit right behind the seat. They hit hard as hell too, because of the lack of space.
i would also like to know if u were able to get a flat case for your sub so u are able to fit it in the back of a truck
Is there even room for it... and if there is, will there be any room at all after ? Wouldn't seem to practical

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
1500w is WAY more than you need for a single 10. Get two 10's if you are running that much wattage. You seriously don't have room behind your seats? My buddy Redneck had a regular cab Dodge Ram and he had more than enough room for his 3 15's, which coincidently ended in the death of 6 rear windows until he replaced it with a nice chunk of plexi-glas, which only got rung off the bolts holding it down 3 times before he sold his truck...

What subs/amp/speakers were you planning on getting? Please tell me you aren't buying them from Wal-Mart, in which case I shall smack you upside the head with a rolled up newspaper in much the same fashion you would a puppy who just peed on the carpet.

I have two Earthquake 10's in my truck with a cheap no name amp (it was free) running 640w to each sub with Memphis speakers all around. All said and done minus the amp I got away for about $1,500 and I am very pleased with both. Earthquake and Memphis both have my vote for decent sound if you're on a budget.

AKedit: Refer my above post about subs knocking out glass. A single 10 won't come close to rattling your truck windows out. It takes quite a bit, far more than I'd care to have.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

It would just help if igot the negs of puting it in the front. I dont care how much room i have left. As long as i can get it in there and play music without a prob
Quote by SP3CIAL F0RC3
so you are saying i shouldnt put my sub in front. BTW it wouldnt get in the way of anyone.
Did you read my post? It pretty much has your answer in there haha. (Invalid img) That's what most of the boxes would look like.
Quote by AK Guitarist
1500w is WAY more than you need for a single 10. Get two 10's if you are running that much wattage. You seriously don't have room behind your seats? My buddy Redneck had a regular cab Dodge Ram and he had more than enough room for his 3 15's, which coincidently ended in the death of 6 rear windows until he replaced it with a nice chunk of plexi-glas, which only got rung off the bolts holding it down 3 times before he sold his truck...

What subs/amp/speakers were you planning on getting? Please tell me you aren't buying them from Wal-Mart, in which case I shall smack you upside the head with a rolled up newspaper in much the same fashion you would a puppy who just peed on the carpet.

I have two Earthquake 10's in my truck with a cheap no name amp (it was free) running 640w to each sub with Memphis speakers all around. All said and done minus the amp I got away for about $1,500 and I am very pleased with both. Earthquake and Memphis both have my vote for decent sound if you're on a budget.

AKedit: Refer my above post about subs knocking out glass. A single 10 won't come close to rattling your truck windows out. It takes quite a bit, far more than I'd care to have.
3 15's?! That's insane. My buddy Cameron has 2 12's, and 1 15 though. He's running 4000 watts into the whole setup, and had to buy an extra battery for his Sonata to power everything haha. It flexes his entire windshield, and looks badass.
well im planning to get a 10" alpine with a 1000 watt class d mono amp. i still havent fond my case but i might just get my cousin to make one for me.