Page 1 of 8
Hey dudes, something just happened and I was just wondering.

I was listening to some Blue Oyster Cult and my mom came in just to sit here and rock out with me but I wanted her to leave so I turned on some Devil Wears Prada and she frowned and ran out. Haha.

My parents support my going to of these shows because they think it's important for me to be involved with my generation of music because it was so important to them.

How abouts you dudes? Godbless..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
My dad has awesome music taste. he got me started on all of my favorite bands.

My mom, however does not like my music.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
bands they like that i liked first: Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, Pearl Jam. and my mom likes Dream Theater and Red Hot Chili Peppers. which goes to show that they're not bad for conservative christians.
i listen to country with my dad and jazz/blues with my mom

it works out pretty well
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
They think more full on stuff like Slayer or Obituary is dumb, but they live Sabbath and my dad likes Zappa.
My dad used to make fun of my choice of "head-banger" music but would let me go out at night to the various shows around back in high school. My mom didn't like my music either, but feigned interest to try to be the cool mom.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

My dad likes classic stuff like Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen. I like that stuff too but it's not my favorite genre. I like jam bands and reggae and stuff and my dad doesn't mind it but I'm sure he wouldn't listen to it. My mom likes the stuff I listen to.
For the most part me and my parents have the same musical tastes. Most of my favorite bands I heard of from them.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
My dad is proud of me and my love for the Beatles.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
my step dad loves half my collection. any time i have zep, metallica, skynyrd, basically any classic rock/classic metal, he loves it. its when i start pumping chili pepppers and slightly stoopid that he leaves lol.
my mum and dad like odds and sods from my music but i have quite a mainstream focus anyway.
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
My Dad listens to alot of prog from the 70s.

Jethro Tull, Genesis, King Crimson, Yes, ELP, Pink Floyd, Rush..

I love all of these bands.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
My mom listens to death, black, thrash, and all other types of metal. So she loves my music.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Våd Hamster
Meshuggah = Parent repellant.

Indeed.

Works for rodents and cats too.

On topic: My parents don't like my musical tastes (which range from classical to electronic to brutal death metal) except for a handful of songs that I like from the charts of the 1960s-80s.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by chuckflan333
My dad is proud of me and my love for the Beatles.

my dad is proud of me and my hate for the Beatles.
my mom and I like almost exactly the same music, only exceptions that I can think of are that she likes Barry Manilow and Gerry Holiwell (that one spice girl who's gone solo) and I like NOFX, instrumental guitar music, and Zappa. But otherwise we like basically the same stuff.
They hate metal and "head banger music" (which is anything heavier than Rise Against, apparently) but dont mind some of the other stuff. My mom loves chili peppers and saw em live back in 89, loves Radiohead and REM too, which I like. But the other stuff, shes not a fan of. My dad doesnt care at all.
Quote by tr3nt
I turned on some Devil Wears Prada...

excellent choice my friend.

my parents dont really like the screaming. but my dad brings me to the shows and he actually enjoys them. he even talks/takes pictures with the bands members. (bands like As I Lay Dying, Norma Jean, The Chariot, Maylene, TDWP...etc.)
but my mom doesnt like it all that much. but she doesnt walk away or anything when im listening to it.
but she does like some Chiodos songs. like theyre slower ones.
they dislike the most heavy thinks i listen... the progressive stuff is liked by my father!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by !normajean!
excellent choice my friend.

my parents dont really like the screaming. but my dad brings me to the shows and he actually enjoys them. he even talks/takes pictures with the bands members. (bands like As I Lay Dying, Norma Jean, The Chariot, Maylene, TDWP...etc.)
but my mom doesnt like it all that much. but she doesnt walk away or anything when im listening to it.
but she does like some Chiodos songs. like theyre slower ones.

lucky. my dad says that it is impossible for any band with screaming to be christian, regardless of what the lyrics are. which makes no sense to me.
90% of the bands I listen to my parents equally love, including Smashing Pumpkis, Mindless self indulgence (my mom especially ), Dream Theater, System of a Down (They loved their live performance) and any "classic" metal band such as Iron Maiden, Metallica, Motorhead, Etc.

Thank God they love the music I do, bc i play it on a regular basis.

I love you mom and dad!

EDIT

Horray! 3 DT logos in a row!
Quote by frottage
bands they like that i liked first: Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, Pearl Jam. and my mom likes Dream Theater and Red Hot Chili Peppers. which goes to show that they're not bad for conservative christians.

Far out.
mum-ub40 and stuff like that and my dads taste is simple! QUEEN and nothing else! but they dont really care what i listen to

My dads into Van Halen and ****. My mom likes anything that is popular. They both frown upon my metal ways, but they dont really care.
Well my dad is a child of the 60s-70s... in the military so he hates most of my stuff besides Queen, and my mom is pretty much the same; mortified when i got a hendrix T "Did'nt he do drugs?!" but yea she pretty much just likes country, beatles, and Motown. my stepmom's not bad she's into Rush and Stones but does'nt like AC/DC or GNR or most other hard rock.
I smoke pot, cigarettes with style!
Quote by frottage
my dad is proud of me and my hate for the Beatles.

All of the good music had to start somewhere.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
they like some of my music some of it i know they wont like so i listen to other stuff when there hanging around where i am and my mom doesnt usally mind the stuff i bring in her car except when i had the chicago cd when free form guitar came on she asked me to change it
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
All you people who said you and your parents like the same music (like the guy who's mom like death, thrash and black metal), well...

Were your parents teenagers when they had you?

Or are these 40-something year olds and teens listening to the same stuff?
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by frottage
lucky. my dad says that it is impossible for any band with screaming to be christian, regardless of what the lyrics are. which makes no sense to me.

what!?!?
thats ridiculous. almost all the shows i go to, the bands talk about Jesus. so your dad....has obviously never been to a show.

btw, i got my dad into Maylene's second cd. he loves it.
My mom's a huge fan of Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, the Smashing Pumpkins, and Led Zeppelin.
My dad likes Kansas, the Smashing Pumpkins, Pink Floyd, and Sublime.

They're not bad, I do like a lot of their music, but they are absolutely anti anything I listen to that they do not also listen to.

EDIT:
Quote by first_aid
90% of the bands I listen to my parents equally love, including Smashing Pumpkis, Mindless self indulgence (my mom especially ),

My mom listened to MSI one time and threatened to throw the CD out the window.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
Last edited by Yikes at May 6, 2008,
Quote by !normajean!
what!?!?
thats ridiculous. almost all the shows i go to, the bands talk about Jesus. so your dad....has obviously never been to a show.

btw, i got my dad into Maylene's second cd. he loves it.

wow i hate it when that happens so annoying
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group