Ok dear ug'ers I just log here when I REALLY need some really good advices, and that is why i'm here today

Yes is time to change my amp, the one that a friend was lending me for the last year had to give it back... and i got some plenty money :P

SO yes, it's has to be from tubes, and enough wattage for a mid gig

My Guitar right now is a Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS, bought it last year in USA with very good advices on this forum (that made me to know really which 10 guitars are was going to try)

So the guitarrist/group I LOVE to play, and also play many with my group:
Jimi Hendrix/Jimi hendrix xD
David Gilmour/Pink Floyd
Jimi Page/Led Zeppelin
Robby Krieger/The doors
Robert Fripp/King Crimson
Alex Lifeson/Rush
John Frusciante/Red hot chilli pepers
Mark Knoffler/Dire Straits
Angus Young/ACDC
Jethro Tull
The Rolling Stones
Genesis sometimes
Some reggaes
Cleans etc...

So I basically need a kind off versatile Amp with good cleans, and exelent distortion for ROCK and some progressive rock (that use more distortion sometimes)

So the one that i would choose, because i tested last year on the USA is the orange rockerverb 50 combo! BUT first, is just TOO expensive, and second, if i would want to use it i would have to ship it, because i live on chile, and there are not ORANGE amps here :P (here you can see this beauty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3-l6plJXpE)

So, about money, think that here, it cost like double (if it's 1000 us, it's 2000 us on here)

So bassically i have like 1500 dollars, (real 800), or wait to go to usa again (and i don't know where the fukk it would be that) and i need to think very fast, because i'm now with my practice amp (randall 25-R and it's totally old and FUKKED :P)

So for anyone that read this.. help :P
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
fender amp with a nice distortion pedal?

or Peavey classic 30
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
beeboshain, I hope you are joking

80sShred4TheWin I don't have access to orange equipments in my country, they just don't come to south america (or chile afaik)
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Oh lol forgot about that sorry just skipped over it but I would say peavy classic 30 or a Fender
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Ok, i tested the Hot rod deluxe some month's ago, it REALLY needed more distortion, maybe a good distortion (or screamtube) would do it, but not completely sure about that!

I loved the cleans, but I preffer having exelent distortion and just good cleans, than exelent cleans and just good distortion... I have to test that peavey classic you people are saying, anything else?
I really need to another recomendation appart from the peavey 30, and how good can a fender do hard rock with a distortion pedal? Any famous guitarrist using that gear? thx in advise
traynor ycv 40 or ycv50blue. supposed to have a marshally sound to them, which is good for a bunch of the bands you listed. the new blackhearts also might be good, havent really tried the higher wattage ones though.
MAybe then I should think of marshalls? The one that i had been playing lately (from my friend, that took me away) was a Valvestate 2x12 combo 80 watts (I think it was that) The chorus effect of that amp, was incredible, connected to my guitar, I was David Gilmour BUT, not enough cleans or sometimes didn't like some of distorted sounds...

Once i tested the Marshall AVT, but again is hybrid technology, and I don't have the money right now for going to a marshall 800 (tested it the other day was AMAZING for dist, but really not good cleans)

So as you can see i understand a bit :P but neeed more options

jof1029, never heard of that amps, probably they don't even get out of us/uk
chile eh?

you really should look at Traynors, they sound great, and have a very marshally gain to them... for less than a marshall!
What about peavey 50 classic? It would do to those players i'm saying? I mean, i'm kinda looking something too good maybe, good cleans, and GREAT overdrive :P (enough at least to play good ac/dc or think playing One more red nightmare/2oth century schizoid man from king crimson, or The camera eye of rush!) and also playing Angel from hendrix, or Under the bridge of red hot...

Because I know my guitar can do all of that with a good amp
Classic 30 or the Traynor. I agree with that. American made with classic British Marshall sound.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Not traynor's here, what about peavey classic 50 2x12? Looks pretty (the yellowish one) It must have the coincidences with the classic 30, because you all talk about classic 30, and not the 50 one!
Quote by jof1029
traynor ycv 40 or ycv50blue. supposed to have a marshally sound to them, which is good for a bunch of the bands you listed.

agreed. i think the 40 is more fendery (which is the one i tried) while the 50 is allegedly more marshally (haven't tried).

peavey classic 30/50 is probably worth a look too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tiky
Not traynor's here, what about peavey classic 50 2x12? Looks pretty (the yellowish one) It must have the coincidences with the classic 30, because you all talk about classic 30, and not the 50 one!

sorry, i missed this. i haven't tried the 50, lol, but i'm guessing it's worth a look too. might sound a little different as it has different power tubes i think, so if you can try both together, that'd be best.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if you can, try it out man! i am sure itll suit you well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Ok, I'm going to try a Peavey 50 2x12 from 91 on the weekend, and also going to look for some peavey 30 to try too, that looks what you all say, i searched some clips on youtube and it really soiund nice, now I just have to try them thank you for recommendations and keep you tunned on weekend!

(anyone that want's to give more amps is welcome)

And I insist, no traynors here, at least never saw one, and trying to search on web (for chile obviously) and no results :P
Quote by tiky
how good can a fender do hard rock with a distortion pedal?

With an overdrive pedal it can do quite nicely. A buddy of mine has the Blues Jr and gigs it (small local bars) often. (Classic rock, NOT metal.) I liked the Hot Rod Deluxe but was lucky and found a better fender amp used, imo. I also liked the classic 30 peavey, but have not tried the 50. Good luck and avoid the volcano.
^ depends on the fender amp model too, i'd wager.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?