Hi. How do you play a bend that only goes up? Because the string eventually has to come back down and it will make a sound. I tried quickly palm muting it but it can be really difficult if you're playing a fast song, maybe I just need more practice?

Also (btw if you haven't noticed yet I'm noob) but I heard something about artificial harmonics, I guess it's when the guitar squeaks. (Is this what the brackets mean in tabs when they do 15 (15)??) Anyway, how do you do those? My friend said to pluck a string, then quickly mute it to get it but it didn't work.

If this matters I have a epi lp 100. Thanks =)
Mute it with your fret hand possibly, and I think you're talking about pinch harmonics for the second part. Grip the pick really far down so your thumb cover almost all of it so your thumb hits the string right after picking the string. It works better if you bend the string a bit sometimes.
Quote by crazlunatic
Hi. How do you play a bend that only goes up? Because the string eventually has to come back down and it will make a sound. I tried quickly palm muting it but it can be really difficult if you're playing a fast song, maybe I just need more practice?

Also (btw if you haven't noticed yet I'm noob) but I heard something about artificial harmonics, I guess it's when the guitar squeaks. (Is this what the brackets mean in tabs when they do 15 (15)??) Anyway, how do you do those? My friend said to pluck a string, then quickly mute it to get it but it didn't work.

If this matters I have a epi lp 100. Thanks =)

when you reach the desired note on your bend, lift your fretting hand the slightest bit as to 'mute' the string and stop it from vibrating.

a guitar squeak i believe you are talking about is a pinch harmonic, use the search bar to learn more about them.

when there is '15-(15)' that means to let a note ring out, not to mute it with your fret hand. harmonics usually are marked with a * in most tabs ive seen
most tabs do mark a pinch harmonic with parentheses. As for how to do it, search for lessons. =p It took me some time to learn it too, but it's pretty expressive and cool. hahaha. You should know, though, that although you may have the right technique (muting with your thumb immediately after picking), there are "sweet spots" along the guitar string, and if you don't execute it on those spots, no matter how good your technique, you won't get your squeel. (how do u spell that again? :P) It's all science, but basically, if you do a pinch harmonic halfway between the fret your finger is on and the bridge, you'll hear a pinch harmonic. There are other sweet spots, just find them. I hope I made sense..