Im going to buy a new amp soon, and i have it down to..
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50W
Peavey Bandit 112
or should i keep my amp ..? my price range is about 500 max, if you have any other suggestions
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by KennySG at May 6, 2008,
unless you need something that loud in that price range, get a tube amp
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
You can get a 50W Peavey Valveking in that same pricerange, and its tube.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
try an epi valve jr. or maybe a VK royal 8 from Peavey.
EDIT: didn't see the price range. i would say a valveking 50 like the person above me.
other ones ive been recommened by a store owner was roland cube 60 and ibanez mx65
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
dude, I'm considering the same two amps and have the same price range. :O someone help us! Between the two amps, only those two, which is more recommendable? I do know that the valvetronix is a hybrid but I've never actually used either..kenny, sorry I can't help you, I need help too. :O
yeah.. help plz ;o... i think im going for a valveking
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
valveking
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
I owned a Vox AD series amp. I can assure you once the gimmick wears off you will be disappointed with your tone. It's simply a "poser" valve amp. It's not terrible or anything there are just lots of better choices out there for the money.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I owned a Vox AD series amp. I can assure you once the gimmick wears off you will be disappointed with your tone. It's simply a "poser" valve amp. It's not terrible or anything there are just lots of better choices out there for the money.

whats a gimmick?
Its pretty good, you basically get what you pay for. Cheaply built in china. But otherwise its good, be sure to get a speaker swap though. As the built in speaker just blows. Cleans are decent, not sterile sounding. While the lead is mid-gain? Which is also alright for what your paying. Its the best deal for you for the money your willin to spend at the moment.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Valveking is not in the same price range as those amps if you live in Australia (which really annoys the heck out of me). You can get a new Peavey Bandit for $500AU where as a new Valveking is about $900AU. (I emphasize, AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS, though last time I checked $1AU = $0.92US, the prices are a rip-off)

If the price is around the same, go for Valveking, it's all tube, if you have sucky prices like in Australia and don't wanna go used, go for the Bandit (the new series with the peavey oval badge), I've only heard good things about the Bandit.
....But he lives in canada. So ya valveking.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ