Alright I'm almost done with this song! I just need to learn the proper solo. There are several different versions, but I'd like the real one off the album if anyone knows it.

P.S What does this mean? 11b12r=11
Fret on 11, bend up so it sounds like 12, release it back.

Although, if I remember correctly, the Californication solo has bends that start bent and you release them like "11r" or something like that...never mind, I don't remember the solo lol.
Last edited by ttreat31 at May 6, 2008,
Quote by ttreat31

Although, if I remember correctly, the Californication solo has bends that start bent and you release them like "11r" or something like that...never mind, I don't remember the solo lol.

like a pre-bend?

thats the way I play it
Gear:

Squier Strat
Ibanez Artcore AK95
Ibanez GRG 170 DX
Peavey Transtube 212 EFX
Oh, I think I get what you mean by pre-bending it and then dropping it.

Also, I hear some other notes that the tabs don't mention. That's the bass playing right?

It would be extremely helpful to find a tab that's strictly based off the album and not some variation b/s.
I'd have to listen to the song again, but I play it with pre-bends.
Quote by DwLee
More questions!

1. So is every bend in the solo pre-bent?

2. Is the whole song clean?

3. What is this? 14b16r==14 Double equal signs?

Found me a good solo tab. (The guy says it's 100% correct from album.)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/red_hot_chili_peppers/californication_solo_ver2_tab.htm

Usually it means that it's going to be a slightly longer bend
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You're worrying too much about the physical aspects of playing the solo - just listen to it. If you hear a note that starts higher then comes back down then it's a pre-bend...use your ears to teach you what the tab means.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Also, I suggest not trying to play it EXACT. Make it your own, it's more enjoyable IMO. :p
Hi all,

I'm also learning this solo (from the book not an online tab) and have come across this:

Does this mean play the two strings as a chord and bend both, or just bend one string?

P.S. sorry for the slight thread-jack.......
play both strings and just bend the 16th up a full step
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
hmm - with the 14th still held? I can feel that one being a failure the first time i try it!
Quote by neocaligatio
hmm - with the 14th still held? I can feel that one being a failure the first time i try it!

You'll get there - it's called a unison bend, you play to strings together and bend the lower string up until it matches pitch with the higher one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com