Page 1 of 3
used the search bar and didn't see anything on them... so what do you guys think of this band?
Cause of Death is a killer album and my favorite
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
great band, Cause of Death is by far my favorite album of theirs. the riffs on it are sick, the drumming is great and the vocals are some of the best in death metal.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I don't like John's lyrical approach. It's borderline stupidity. The riffs are great, Chopped In Half has a very fucking headbangable riff.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
chopped in half was the first song i heard... but i havent bothered to read any lyrics just liked the overall old school sound
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
Well, the lyrics are technically nonexistent.

He just growls along to the music, occaisionally using actual words.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Great band, I can't believe there isn't already an Obituary thread. They have easily the best singing in old school death metal.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Well, the lyrics are technically nonexistent.

He just growls along to the music, occaisionally using actual words.

lol i think thats what is so awesome to me
Quote by Wylde14
Well, it doesn't help the (stupid) stereotype that death metal is random growling...

In Obituary's case...

>>

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Well, it doesn't help the (stupid) stereotype that death metal is random growling...

In Obituary's case...

>>

but it sounds great. and anyway, Obituary are hardly the typical fast and random blur of distortion that most people i know think is all death metal.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by Slaytanic1993

In Obituary's case...

>>

stereotypes dont bother me AT ALL though... i live in a redneck hell hole and everyone thinks im satanic. i wear a death shirt and get looked at like i just slaughtered and ate a goat right in front of them
Quote by Wylde14
obituary is awsome, cause of death of course being my favorite. the new cd was pretty good too, ralph was a great addition to the band.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
I am disappointed in this forum that you didn't return any results for Obituary :p

Anyway, Slowly We Rot is my favourite and all of the rest (up to WD) dominate
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Cause of Death is awesome James Murphy is a ****ing god of guitar, and John Tardy has one of my favorite death metal voices. I really like the new Cd as well. I feel that Allen West usually brings the band down with his subpar soloing. But thats just my opinion. Since everyone is posting Obituary videos here is one of my favorites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcGyGzgLCkE
at 00:53
Last edited by slayerific at May 7, 2008,
Excellent band, should be seeing them in approximately 27 days. New album is boring as hell, although I did like Frozen In Time.

Everything else is pure win. (Except for Back From The Dead, I dont have that album)
Im going to go buckape when I see Intoxicated played live.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Does anyone know what the band's gonna do about Allen West? I think he just got out of jail recently, but to be honest I'd rather they just keep Ralph around.
Turned Inside Out is my favorite Obit tune. Ya the vocals get a little irritating after alot of listening but there still a damn good band. Murphy FTW. They did a sick cover of Buried Alive.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Obituary = PURE ****ING WIN.

Slowly We Rot is amazing.
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

i was at the front of an Obituary concert once, so cool!!! unfortunately there were some ****ty metalcore bands there along with their retarded fans. so it was pretty much only a few of us in the front going crazy. Ralph Santolla looked right at me and smiled! it was so cool!
I've heard Slowly We Rot and Cause of Death and thoroughly enjoyed their production, guitar/drum tone and John Tardy's vocal approach. How do the other albums compare? I remember listening to Redneck Stomp and not being very impressed, but maybe in the context of the album, it'll sound better.

Also, this looks ****in' amazing and I'd kill to be there: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-aoD2cXM3Dc
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Jan 20, 2009,
The End Complete and World Demise are both great but not quite as good as the first two. Still worth getting. Back From the Dead is ok-ish, the live album (Dead) is cool, Frozen in Time is ok-ish and Xecutioner's Return is pretty cool. Also, the latest EP, the track Forces Realigned is awesome

Always has been some of my favorite two 30 pack bands.

Got a friend, who manly listens to rap and some of my metal, into them a while ago. He digs Slowly We Rot a whole lot.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I've only hear Xecutioner's return or whatever it is.

Sounded like a crap thrash album... thinking back, I think it was someone else's album with Obituary on it, and I was none the wiser. Never got round to listening to any more Obituary, for some reason... which I am remedying now. Really good stuff.
Last edited by webbtje at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Great band, I can't believe there isn't already an Obituary thread. They have easily the best singing in old school death metal.

+1 john tardy FTW
Who else heard that Catastrophic album and what did they think of it? It was pretty much an Obituary album really..

bump
found this interesting article http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115922
[quote="OBITUARY guitarist Trevor Peres has told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine that a Floridian death metal package tour is currently being planned for the U.S. later in the year before possibly going global.

"We've been talking about putting a death metal package together with OBITUARY, MORBID ANGEL, DEICIDE and SIX FEET UNDER," Peres revealed.

"Nothing's happened yet," he continued. "But we've been talking about trying to do that. It would be a States thing at first but we could go globally, do a Florida death metal tour in Asia, Europe...anywhere that's interested."

"We've spoken to [CANNIBAL"] CORPSE already and even SIX FEET UNDER said they'd do it... it's just a matter of time basically."
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
Fuck me sideways, that's a godly lineup.

Well, except SFU.

But still.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Oh my god........feel faint....need new pants............

this would be my dream tour, if you replaced SFU with malevolent creation.

just wow...... they NEED to come to england with this
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
Quote by Contraband
I've heard Slowly We Rot and Cause of Death and thoroughly enjoyed their production, guitar/drum tone and John Tardy's vocal approach. How do the other albums compare? I remember listening to Redneck Stomp and not being very impressed, but maybe in the context of the album, it'll sound better.

Also, this looks ****in' amazing and I'd kill to be there: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-aoD2cXM3Dc

'End complete' is the only other one thats really worth getting. None of their albums are bad though.
Page 1 of 3