This might sound kind of dumb, but I figured I'd ask.

I'm starting to look around, figure out what my next bass might be. I always really liked the look of the Dean Dime Razorback V, however a friend of mine who plays bass suggested I get a 5 string since I'll mainly be playing metal. I was looking around, and I noticed that 2 different sites (Guitar Center and Musician's Friend) had the Razorback V listed as a 5 string, but pictured as a 4 string. I'm having kind of a hard time believing 2 reputable sites would make the same mistake, but I'm also having a hard time believing Dean would let something like that fly under the radar. Any insight?
Google and Dean's website gave no results, only a 4 string. try calling GC and see if there is a 5 string that they're selling.
id look for a different bass all together. Check out schecter, they have stuff similar in price but the build quality is so much better.
Well, I'm not ready to buy just yet, just gathering info at the moment. The Razorback V is probably a bit out of the price range I'm looking at, too, I just wanted something that had a really distinctive, metal look to it. I was looking at the 5 string BC Rich Warlock as well, but I hear mixed reviews about those. I may just end up going with a regular looking bass if the quality for price is just that different.
The Razorback V is actually a 4-string bass with the flying V shape.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Mephysteaux
I was looking around, and I noticed that 2 different sites (Guitar Center and Musician's Friend) had the Razorback V listed as a 5 string, but pictured as a 4 string. I'm having kind of a hard time believing 2 reputable sites would make the same mistake...

Guitar Center owns Musician's Friend, if I remember correctly.
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Just don't do it in las vegas, new york or miami. Their CSI teams will find you and hunt you down without mercy.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dime-Razorback-V-Bass-with-Active-Electronics?sku=514309

Is that what you're talking about? Because if so, then Fitz would be correct. The V, in this case, is not a Roman numeral, but rather a letter. Because the bass is in the shape of a V.

EDIT: Oh ho ha! But I see, good sir! Even though it is not described as a 5-string in the name or description, it is listed with the other 5-strings. How bizarre.

Guess the people in charge of organizing the products did indeed make the V-as-Roman-numeral mishap. Well played, threadstarter.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Last edited by WhyLater at May 7, 2008,
I didn't even think about V as the roman numeral. I guess that may have been the source of the screw up