Basically, the title illustrates my question.

I was looking to purchasing the 5w tube combo Blackheart amp here:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675

This would definitely be a step up from my Roland Cube 60, but would this amp have a good metal tone? Or would I need a good distortion pedal for it to play such music.

EDIT: When I say metal I mean like -core genre and nu-metal, and various other modern forms of metal.
i honestly have never heard of the company, but the reviews look good on it. I would sugest trying to find a store that has it so you can test it before you buy it.
Quote by Sdooper_Man
i honestly have never heard of the company, but the reviews look good on it. I would sugest trying to find a store that has it so you can test it before you buy it.

If I'm right then they are a fairly new brand.
No. Not at all. The heaviest they'll reach on their own is light classic rock.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
No. Not at all. The heaviest they'll reach on their own is light classic rock.

Really? Damn, that's a shame. I guess I'll just keep saving up for a ValveKing or a Randall RG50TC then.
anything with an od in front of it will provide heavy tones as long as you eq correctly and dont play with a 5 inch speaker
^ not heavy enough for what the ts wants.

you'll be better off saving up for an amp with a more suited voicing and more gain on tap.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
ok i own one so you can take this from me however you want:

when it's dimed and has an OD in front of it OR if you put the gain and level both up on ur OD pedal on it on 5 watt mode w/ a good amount of volume, it WILL get heavy enough for some stuff but in general NO it is not the amp to buy if you wanna be playing death metal and nu metal. if you only play that stuff every now and then, you can toss a dist. pedal in front of it for those tones. but when this thing is very saturated and OD'd, it gets very thrashy and metallica-like. heavy gain, but not DARK. you're wanting a dark american voiced gain amp. something from randall would suit you better or a Ashdown Fallen Angel.

this is why i bought this amp, i have my Randall RM50 for heavy dark metal and all kinds of tones in between, but for PURE marshall-esque british voiced rock, you can't beat this thing. straight up guns n roses, AC/DC, boston, all the best of the best if you ask me.

not to mention this thing will put out some warm blues and is very thick sounding.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
^listen to slash_rocks2005.

i actually had this amp on my final 5 but never really got to spend time with it.

'metal' is kind of a loose term so i would say i can get some metal on my valveking but kinda hard as i don't have too many times when i can really crank it on lead channel.

+my pedal is what it is but can also get some stuff off that on clean channel.

hope that helps, my vote is in sig and not too bad for $409 new but randall i hear and laney is the bomb too.

;