What is a good, reliable tuner. Mine right now just plain sucks!

And also, is it better to get a pedal tuner?

Recommendations...?
O O

___
I use a Korg chromatic tuner and it's easy and reliable and if I remember correctly fairly cheap. I don't think you'd want a stage tuner unless you were actually doing gigs.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
what's it called when it tunes EVERY note, like C, and F, i everytime i buy a tuner, i've done this twice, i order a cheap one off of eBay and it only does standard tuning.

so what should i be looking for to tune EVERY note?
O O

___
Quote by mikeyElite
korg ga-30

I use one of these too, and they just plain rock for $15.
Quote by TheBax
what's it called when it tunes EVERY note, like C, and F, i everytime i buy a tuner, i've done this twice, i order a cheap one off of eBay and it only does standard tuning.

so what should i be looking for to tune EVERY note?

chromatic
Quote by -Collapse-
I use one of these too, and they just plain rock for $15.

thats the truth. the flat button makes it so easy to do alternate tunings.
this tuner does every note doesn't it? i just looked and i want to make sure.
O O

___
Yes a chromatic tuner is imperative if you want to do alternate tunings.
I think they also make a version with a built in metronome, which could really come in handy.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by mikeyElite
thats the truth. the flat button makes it so easy to do alternate tunings.

Yeah, they can go ridiculously low, haha.

They're durable too.
I've had mine for 4 years, and it's been abused, but still works perfect.
I've change the batteries once...not because they died, just because I thought it could do with some new ones.
Last edited by -Collapse- at May 6, 2008,
Quote by TheBax
this tuner does every note doesn't it? i just looked and i want to make sure.

The Korg ga-30 is a 6 or 7 string guitar or 4 or 5 string bass tuner which can tune down up to 5 semitones (2 semitones is one step, Cannibal Corpse would probably find 5 semitones ridiculous)

The Korg Ca-30 is a chromatic tuner, which tunes to a selected note, which you'd need for orchestral instruments or, for a guitar, things like open chord tunings.

The chromatic is better for the more abstract tunings, but the guitar/bass tuner is good for staying in the normal structure and tuning down/dropping.

And, yes that is the ga-30 that you posted.

EDIT:
Just like to clarify one last time.
GA-30 does standard structure and downtuning/dropping.
Chromatic (CA-30) tunes to notes you select.
Last edited by -Collapse- at May 6, 2008,
I wouldn't recommend the GA-30. Not very sturdy IMO. Mine broke within 6 months from moderate use (being in a gig bag etc), ended up using it as an ashtray (don't ask)

CA-30 on the other hand, which is what I use now, is great
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
I wouldn't recommend the GA-30. Not very sturdy IMO. Mine broke within 6 months from moderate use (being in a gig bag etc), ended up using it as an ashtray (don't ask)

CA-30 on the other hand, which is what I use now, is great

How would there be a difference in durability if they're both made by the same company in the same plastic housing with the same quality control?
They're practically the same tuner with different features.

My Ga-30 has proven to be indestrucatble the 4 years I've had it, and I've thrown it across rooms, onto tables, etc. frequently.
I also use it constantly because I learn/play so many songs with different tunings. So it's safe to say I get above moderate usage out of it.
Last edited by -Collapse- at May 7, 2008,
You want to really splurge and be accurate, get yourself a Peterson. I have the Strobo-Flip and I find it to be like having Jesus tune your guitar. They also have the StroboStomp if you're looking for pedal action.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣