Hey all, sorry bout this, but i need some help with a setting. I cant seem to get the tone im looking for......im looking for the tone from Final Call-Shadows Fall-Threads of Life.
I have a Schecter Hellraiser, Peavey Valveking 112, and thats it. :p

Any help is welcome! Thanks

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

treb at 1'o clock, mids at 3'o clock, lows at 1'o clock.

Start there, then tweak.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
treb at 1'o clock, mids at 3'o clock, lows at 1'o clock.

Start there, then tweak.

Not to knock your settings but on a VK you almost never want to take the treble past 12 o'clock unless you want to release the nastiest, harshest treble noise you have ever heard... lol .

And bass at 1 o'clock just doesnt cut it on these amps...

Again sorry to intervene...
Its funny, i actually have the treble on 10, and it doesn't sound harsh enough

Ill check these out though, thanks

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Its funny, i actually have the treble on 10, and it doesn't sound harsh enough

Ill check these out though, thanks

You must of lucked out, everyone i have talked to has had the same issue..

It was talked about alot on another forum as well.. Heres what one guy had to say..

"The typical harsh/painful frequencies are around 3-4 kHz, where human hearing is most sensitive. It can be caused by too much of anything higher, as well, though we're not as sensitive to those frequencies. It probably just varies from person to person, as I can't think of anything that very clearly defines the frequency ranges (they can vary, depending on the source, anyways) but I'd consider that to be the treble range, an octave down the upper mids, and an octave up the "presence" range.

I'd be inclined to agree that that is a problem with the Valve King. While that's getting into the higher frequencies, the frequencies that make you perceive something as more clear/airy/present are about another octave up, where the Valve King seems to just drop off. When you increase the highs, you just get everything at that point, and not any higher, so it never clears up, and just gets nasty. That's why it can be muffled, harsh, and fizzy all at once.

It's like how bad car stereos just stab your ears with an ice pick if you turn up the treble control, instead of getting any clearer. Something is just too low quality about it. I don't know exactly what it would be that causes that, but I'd say that's a pretty appropriate analogy, as the Valve King is certainly very cheaply built."
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Not to knock your settings but on a VK you almost never want to take the treble past 12 o'clock unless you want to release the nastiest, harshest treble noise you have ever heard... lol .

And bass at 1 o'clock just doesnt cut it on these amps...

Again sorry to intervene...

No need to apologize man.

I don't have a ton of experience with a vk, so no worries. I just go by a good starting point - that's why i said 'start there and tweak' cause no two amps are exactly the same sound wise.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you