Hey guys. For the most of my playing ive tried to understand lead guitar but I think im just one of those people destined to be a rhythm player. I was wondering if yall could tell me a few players that play nothing but rhythm so I could have some people to look up to. (James Hetfield is my main influence even though he does do some lead) Thanx.
malcom young-ac/dc, izzy stradlin-GnR, brad whitford-aerosmith, dave kushner-velvet revolver, Björn Gelotte-in flames
Last edited by vjferrara at May 6, 2008,
Brian Eschbach

crazy rythm guitarist
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Afterwards I said to her "Why did you blitz my asshole like that?"

No ones destined to be anything. Lead playing is harder, you just have to practice more. Pretty much everyone I've ever played with has been better at rhythm then lead.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
izzy Stradlin FTW
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
ben burnley
adam gontier
jimmy newquist
dave groehl?
chad kroeger

i dono, just some ideas there i guess
Keith Richards, Pete Townshend and Joe Strummer are primarily known for their rhythm work.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Malcom Young - AC/DC
Izzy Stradlin From the REAL GNR

those are the first 2 to come to my mind
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by guitar033
ben burnley
adam gontier
jimmy newquist
dave groehl?
chad kroeger

i dono, just some ideas there i guess

Dave Grohl

and Chad actually plays more lead than Ryan does
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by Jesus Juice
Izzy played SOME lead didnt he???

very little, he did the first solo on nightrain and a few other fills here and there but that's about it. he was an ace as a rhythm player
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Keith Richards, Pete Townshend and Joe Strummer are primarily known for their rhythm work.

definitely true, imo- eddie van halen is also one of the best rhythm players out there as well as lead players
You're not destined to be a rythm player. You only are if you don't practice playing lead. It is not hard AT ALL. Just takes practice, and the learning of a few scales. Done.
Dude, nobody is destined to play rhythm guitar, just buy a lead guitar and you will find that its pretty much the same as your old rhythm guitar.

edit: preps flame shield
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
Dude, nobody is destined to play rhythm guitar, just buy a lead guitar and you will find that its pretty much the same as your old rhythm guitar.

I may have to sig that. Also, I REALLY hope that was sarcasm...
Quote by misfitsdisciple

make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by 1The_Trooper1

I may have to sig that. Also, I REALLY hope that was sarcasm...

of course it's sarcasm dude, i've been playing music for 7 years now.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
of course it's sarcasm dude, i've been playing music for 7 years now.

Just making sure.

Now... will that fit in my sig
Quote by misfitsdisciple

*pointes and laughs*
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
If you really want to play lead, keep practicing..you'll make it eventually
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Why box yourself in and limit what you think you can't do? I try to play everything and anything that has to do with guitar. I do have my preference in playing rhythm but lead is fun too.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Jimi Hendrix, his rhythm play was far more interesting than his lead. Er the way he combined rhythm and lead and even bass haha

Bob Weir, from the Grateful Dead, is also one of the best rhythm guitarists to ever live.

while they are nothing like Metallica, you could learn a lot from them.