my hair is black, thick, and wavy. I play baseball so i need to keep my hair relatively short (nothing past shoulders). Right now i just spike it in the front but it's starting to get old...so yeah, do you guys have any suggestions? (pics would help)
Help if you had pictures, i'm not good with this. But id say find your natural hair line. Well, if you get bored with all of it together, try a crew cut? It's more opinionated here.
Get an afro.

They're awesome.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Let it grow out a bit. If it is too thick, as the barber to thin it out using a razor, it'll make it more manageable. Sort of comb it to the side, but keep it kind of messy looking. It'll look good in theory. Hard to say without pictures of you.

This guy knows hair.
Ooohh, dude. I just had this problem today. We have a huge show coming up on friday, and I have the same kind of hair you do. I straightened it, just for sh*ts and giggles, and it actually turned out cool.

Eh.

do it. i did.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Well, my personal preference is definitely reflective of my musical tastes, i.e. I like rockabilly. I don't have the pompadour (Workin' on it...), or even a wedge (psychobilly also fits my fancy), so I'll recommend those.

Brian Setzer's: (He's blonde, but it shouldn't matter)

This is Nekromantix, European psychobilly, these are the aforementioned wedges. I wouldn't recommend anything as extreme as Kim's (middle), but the other two are good, if you want the sides that short.

As we get more "recent" in terms of style, you can see the more modern (descriptive, right?) touches in Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme (coincidentally, both are good friends with each other):

Jesse:

JHo:

The most modern is probably Chris Cheney of The Living End. You don't really need the red, in fact, and this will probably be the one you'll feel most confortable with, though it's admittedly more complex in appearance:

Here's what I do, I'm lazy, so I only have it at one angle:

The way I do it, it takes a couple minutes max. I get a comb right after I get out of the shower (and dress, to avoid messing it up with my shirt) and comb all my hair back; if you have short hair on the sides, don't worry, but do it anyway, since it could still put it together. So after that, I part it on a side (I do left, though I think my natural part is right). As in the pictures, the part should be about even with the far corner) closest to that side's ear). Comb the shorter part straight back sideways and the larger side over to the opposite side (i.e., away from the part). After you comb it away from the part, get the comb in your hand so about half of it is sticking out, the rest in your hand, forefinger on the thick part of the comb. Make sure the comb is fine tooth, too, it makes it look more put together.

With the comb, go at your bangs with a flicking motion, flicking the hair up and over. You can get a hairdryer, if it helps, but I only use it now whenever the part is messed up or some loose clumps/strands stick up. When you do the flicking, have the end of the comb about at the part and flick outward and upward. Once I get it how I like it, I go over the front/bangs with hairspray a couple times (this will keep it rigid and will not move as easily). I also go over the rest of my hair with a thinner, once-over, and also in the back, because I do a ducktail. Just let me know if you're interested (I doubt you are).

So yeah, niche hairstyle, but there you go. Oh, and for Josh Homme's just get gel and a hairdryer, get it in the comb as you comb up slowly/hold it in place, then dry the gel with the dryer. You can use gel for this, but hairspray is neater and won't clump/fall of like dandruff.

Good luck...

Quote by p o e

do it. i did.

, I actually do, I don't know about you.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
Well, my personal preference is definitely reflective of my musical tastes, i.e. I like rockabilly. I don't have the pompadour (Workin' on it...), or even a wedge (psychobilly also fits my fancy), so I'll recommend those.

Brian Setzer's: (He's blonde, but it shouldn't matter)

This is Nekromantix, European psychobilly, these are the aforementioned wedges. I wouldn't recommend anything as extreme as Kim's (middle), but the other two are good, if you want the sides that short.

As we get more "recent" in terms of style, you can see the more modern (descriptive, right?) touches in Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme (coincidentally, both are good friends with each other):

Jesse:

JHo:

The most modern is probably Chris Cheney of The Living End. You don't really need the red, in fact, and this will probably be the one you'll feel most confortable with, though it's admittedly more complex in appearance:

Here's what I do, I'm lazy, so I only have it at one angle:

The way I do it, it takes a couple minutes max. I get a comb right after I get out of the shower (and dress, to avoid messing it up with my shirt) and comb all my hair back; if you have short hair on the sides, don't worry, but do it anyway, since it could still put it together. So after that, I part it on a side (I do left, though I think my natural part is right). As in the pictures, the part should be about even with the far corner) closest to that side's ear). Comb the shorter part straight back sideways and the larger side over to the opposite side (i.e., away from the part). After you comb it away from the part, get the comb in your hand so about half of it is sticking out, the rest in your hand, forefinger on the thick part of the comb. Make sure the comb is fine tooth, too, it makes it look more put together.

With the comb, go at your bangs with a flicking motion, flicking the hair up and over. You can get a hairdryer, if it helps, but I only use it now whenever the part is messed up or some loose clumps/strands stick up. When you do the flicking, have the end of the comb about at the part and flick outward and upward. Once I get it how I like it, I go over the front/bangs with hairspray a couple times (this will keep it rigid and will not move as easily). I also go over the rest of my hair with a thinner, once-over, and also in the back, because I do a ducktail. Just let me know if you're interested (I doubt you are).

So yeah, niche hairstyle, but there you go. Oh, and for Josh Homme's just get gel and a hairdryer, get it in the comb as you comb up slowly/hold it in place, then dry the gel with the dryer. You can use gel for this, but hairspray is neater and won't clump/fall of like dandruff.

Good luck...

, I actually do, I don't know about you.

Your hair as a perpetual wave going on, can I surf it?

To keep this post relivant I play baseball, Rugby and football so i need somewhat short hair. I have it a bit longer then a ceaser so i take hair puddy(dont use gel it makes ur hair greasy looking) and I form a semi mohawk/ frontal flick and mess it u a bit, i got voted best hair for grad lmao.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
just get it cut and...dry it when youn get out the shower...

You'll have 'normal' hair.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish