Dudes.. I've been going back and forth between getting a new guitar that suits my style now forever. I have in my mind from what I've read on the net that I need a new one because it would help my tone more playing pop rock/pop punk rather then EMG pickups in my Schecter Hellraiser. Although, I've never played anything else due to lack of stores around here

I've been from 72 teles, Gibson LP studios, Gibson SG standards, Fat strats, confused..

I've heard these were absolutely amazing

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1005.html

but would it be a downgrade from my Schecter? If that was a good choice I'd have almost literally a ton left over to build my pedalboard.

Thoughts?

Edit; I've been thinking it's dumb to spend a fortune on a Gibson guitar with little income at 15 years old. But then again I'll have it forever and if I can afford it why not? Things like this stress and confuse me lol. Halp.
Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at May 6, 2008,
i have an al 3000 and its a great guitar for the money, i just prefer the fender sound so now i mainly play my nashville tele
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
There are several guitars the same price that are better. I'd aim for a Schecter or Ibanez.
Quote by pwrmax
There are several guitars the same price that are better. I'd aim for a Schecter or Ibanez.

1) Why would I use an Ibanez for pop punk/pop rock?

2) What Schecter?

3) I would most likely never buy a $350 mainstream brand guitar.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Personally, I'd go for the Agile, as well as strongly disagreeing with it being sub par compared to equally priced Ibanez's. My al-2800 is leaps and bounds ahead of a friends Gibby LP Studio (he even agrees with me). I can only assume the 3100 is even nice than the 2800.
I am hopeful for you.
why dont you just swap out the pikcups in your shecter, and then sell em on ebay?

cheaper than buying a whole new guitar
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Quote by shaakaal
why dont you just swap out the pikcups in your shecter, and then sell em on ebay?

cheaper than buying a whole new guitar

Stupid reasons and stupid spending habits.

I want to look the part (I look great playing Boys like Girls with a brutal axe), I don't want to drive $50 in gas to get a tech to change my active pups to passives. And I want to have a backup guitar and a guitar for the little metal that is in me.

Get the agile, If you don't like it, return it.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.