Im suggesting an amp to my parents for my birthday and i was wondering....

is this one any good?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG15DFX-Combo-Amp?sku=483187

if not what are some other good moderately cheap ones?

at the moment i have a crappy walmart amp and so just about anything is an upgrade for me.
anyway, thx for your help...
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
DO NOT GET AN MG OR A SPIDER get some kind of roland cube
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
yeah, a roland cube would be a great option if you play in your room
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

being on this site... i'd assume youve been playing for a while, you probably have an amp now.... if your a beginer, its probably a practice amp..... so why would you have your parents buy you a practice amp?
unless you really need to upgrade, save up and spend a few hundred. prefferably a tube amp. you'll be much happier in the long run. and avoid MG's and spiders (unless you want a spider strictly for practice)

edit: i should have read the rest of your post.... yea get a cube lol
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I wouldn't get that, for around that price you could get a 5w tube amp that would be great tonal wise and practicing, like the palomino or the fender champ (which I own)...getting the roland cube or saving up for a better tube amp are also good options.
Before anyone else says it, this is a question for "Gear and Accessories" not The Pit. Figured I'd tell you before some dick reports you.

But, to answer question, the Marshall MG's have a bad rep. I'd go with what everyone is telling you and get the Roland Cube.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!