So I got restless and decided to make a solo project for any of the random songs that pop into my head.

Please give as much constructive criticism as possible,
I want to know what you guys think.

http://www.myspace.com/carlosbisamusic

UPDATE 5/3/08
added first song, the intro is very long so have patience.

UPDATE 5/12/08
added another new song, I don't know how I feel about it though, so tell me what you think.

UPDATE 5/19/08
added a third song and changed the name. The song is a (very) short preview of another song my actual band is going to be performing and it is just the guitar tracks. There is also a meaning behind the name, which is explained in the blog.
Last edited by superunknown at May 20, 2008,
very calming, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. some critiques would just be a little better recording quality, everything sounds far away (maybe that was an effect you were going for?). and definitely for ambient-like music I would say to use some more stereo effects, using both speakers (right and left). perhaps more noises in the beginning (other than the two guitars and whatever other background noise that was) to add to more ambience.

c4c? mine's called "floating ground" in my profile. thanks
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
haha yeah I am trying to work on the quality issue.

All I have is one mic (PVM I think, it doesn't handle my guitar very well),
a Korg D888,
and my bedroom.

I have some money right now and I am debating whether or not to get a noise gate,
or an SM57.

Ideas?
Quote by superunknown
haha yeah I am trying to work on the quality issue.

All I have is one mic (PVM I think, it doesn't handle my guitar very well),
a Korg D888,
and my bedroom.

I have some money right now and I am debating whether or not to get a noise gate,
or an SM57.

Ideas?

I've kind of gone completely off the mic track because I could never get a nice sound out of using a mic. And by nice I mean that full, warm sound that you hear on real songs. Instead, I go from my guitar to my multi-effects pedal to my computer and it works okay. If I ever get a really nice mic I'll probably go on that route.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
ANOTHER UPDATE!

http://www.myspace.com/carlosbisamusic

A new song has been added and I have changed my name,
which is explained in a blog entry.

The new song is a very short preview of what will be a much longer song for my band Eyes on the Horizon and it is just the two guitar tracks.

It is actually a variant of an earlier song that I wrote.

The earlier version is featured on our (Eyes on the Horizon's) myspace but I wouldn't recommend listening to it until next weekend when we plan on getting the revamped version on the myspace.

GO!!!