Hey guys, a friend wanted to know if the Menace LP/SG are any good. Not being one to know too much about gibsons, I just told him that usually with Gibson (or atleast from what I've experienced) you get what you pay for. But he still insists, so are these things any good? Like how's the quality control etc. etc. etc. all the normal things people want to know about new guitars.

Sorry if I'm being vague, this guy just called me and like demanded I put a topic up NOW, and I was just shutting my comp off, I'm getting really f'n tired..

But thanks to anyone who helps
They're basically dressed up studio's, I almost got one but I settled on the regular studio due to looks, I did like the look but I'd rather get a normal looking Les Paul. They're all great guitars though.
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
I've heard horror stories about them, although I have never played one. Generally low end Gibsons aren't worth it and you can get much better quality from another brand.
I think the brass knuckles are cool
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Hey if this guy is playing hard rock to death metal this is the axe. I bought it for recording and it turns outwith the 490/498 cranked full with some reverb, the sound that comes out is amazing...I recommend this if you want the high gain. The screaming intensity of these pickups...as for the guitar, its beautiful, very original amongst SGs, fast as hell, black chrome grover tuners, pre-setup. There have been complaints it is a novelty guitar. No. It is a Gibson USA SG and no less. I own a special with p90s and though I treasure it, this Menace is the gem. Good Luck on your choice!
Peace and Freedom,
Will
myspace.com/thesinpage
for the price of a usually-low-quality, cheap gibson, you could buy a nicer japanese made guitar; ibanez, jackson etc.

EDIT: ive been trying to research these gibsons, and cant find anywhere that actually sells them, several sites say they have been discontinued and are not available for purchase.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Feb 15, 2009,
I played one way back when I was going through my great guitar purge. I played it along with a few regular Gibson's and it didn't really do jack for me.

Then again. I spent the day playing Gibson's and US Fenders and jazz like that. I ended up spotting an Ibanez RG321MH ($299 guitar) on my way out and spent a half hour playing it unplugged and out of tune. Needless to say that Ibanez is now my one and only guitar.