Intermediate - Professional
14 23%
Professional
0 0%
Professional - Very Professional
0 0%
Very Professional
0 0%
Very Professional (You're in a professional band)
2 3%
I don't play anymore
0 0%
Voters: 60.
So, I think there must of been a thread talking about your skill level and I wanted to know know what your level of your skill is. (more detailed)

There are some guide lines on what you learned, mastered ,and etc.

* Songs
* Techniques
* Speed
* Timing
* Advanced techiques
* Scales
* Theory

and etc.. don't be afraid to show video of yourself.

Personally, I'm more of a novice player that know a few songs.I know tapping and alternate picking.

Poll coming.

If you don't like the poll... then ignore it.
Last edited by The Minorthreat at May 7, 2008,
i put intermeddiate to profesnniol. it all comes down to wether i practice or not that put's me in that position it would be amazing how good i would be if i could sit with a metronome longer than i do. plus im in a band and ohnestly my demo's are kick ass. my playing reminds of a like kirk hammet and dime bag mixed together. which is another reason i didnt just put professniol because i havnt really come up with my own style yet. which in my mind set's you apart and makes you a professniol. though i can sweep pick. and that's always a plus
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
I am a solidly average intermediate. I have plenty of room for improvement, but I could also be serviceable in a lot of groups that tour nationally...sadly enough.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Parentadvisory
i put intermeddiate to profesnniol. it all comes down to wether i practice or not that put's me in that position it would be amazing how good i would be if i could sit with a metronome longer than i do. plus im in a band and ohnestly my demo's are kick ass. my playing reminds of a like kirk hammet and dime bag mixed together. which is another reason i didnt just put professniol because i havnt really come up with my own style yet. which in my mind set's you apart and makes you a professniol. though i can sweep pick. and that's always a plus

Kirk eh, why didn't you pick very novice then?

Yes, that is how I roll.

I was joking BTW.
Quote by The Minorthreat
Kirk eh, why didn't you pick very novice then?

Yes, that is how I roll.

I was joking BTW.

oh that's messed up,funny, but messed up. lol
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
i put intermediate, i play rhythm guitar im good enough to play live. and not look like an idiot, but i cant play leads for sh#t. and i`ve been playing for years. still though at rhythm, i got timing, and chord changing, pull offs, hammer ons, volume control,and at least a few picking styles down enough to claim intermediate. i play mostly old school metal and classic rock.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
isn't there a part of the user profile where you can post this information? kinda a pointless thread IMO, it'll just become a "im better than you at guitar" war between all the douches on this forum.

BTW, skill level is subjective. what's good to one ear could be crap to another
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
isn't there a part of the user profile where you can post this information? kinda a pointless thread IMO, it'll just become a "im better than you at guitar" war between all the douches on this forum.

BTW, skill level is subjective. what's good to one ear could be crap to another

Please, shut up cause I don't want to hear it.

If you think this thread is pointless than see your ass out.
Quote by The Minorthreat
Please, shut up cause I don't want to hear it.

If you think this thread is pointless than see your ass out.

public forum, if you don't want opinions you don't like then stop making pointless threads ....butthurt much?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I'm technially intermediate-proffesional but it depends what I'm playing.
In blues, I could pass off for proffesional (been invited to play with some big Rory Gallager tribute bands at the tribute festival this year, so technically, yeah.)
With shred and stuff I'm intermediate proffesional in some things, such as buckethead, I'm knocking many of his songs out such as: Soothsayer, Welcome to Buckethead Land, Electric Tears, Jowls, Interworld, Big Sur Moon, Spider Crawl etc etc etc.
However with the stuff like Vai, Guthrie Govan etc I'm a lower level.

With your average rock I could pass off the more proffesional range.

However overall, my technique is just coming out of the intermediate range I think.
Quote by shredhead22
public forum, if you don't want opinions you don't like then stop making pointless threads ....butthurt much?

Nice touch on putting a crybaby smiley on my post.I really don't think you understand what I'm saying.what I'm saying is if you think it is pointless then ignore it and don't say anything.If you want to be a child about it, go ahead and smiley away.Time will only show age's mirror I guess that doesn't apply to you.
Novice-Intermediate.

I wont call myself intermediate until I can play scales at high speeds. Ive only been playing for 3 years though.
Quote by The Minorthreat
go ahead and smiley away.Time will only show age's mirror I guess that doesn't apply to you.

good, as long as we understand each other
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I really dont know what i am

I know how to play these songs

Living after midnight

Seek And Destroy

Whiplash

Creeping Death

Metal Militia

Disciple

Enter Sandman

No Remorse

Wrathchild

Running Free

Back In Black

Highway To Hell

Moby Dick

Paranoid

Phantom Lord

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Four Horsemen

alot more songs

Scales

I know all of G Major Scale

I know my chords

I cant read music yet

Im dedicated all i do is play guitar barely play video games are hang out etc

Im currently starting a band i only have a drummer so far thats ****in awesome

Ive made my own material
and so on.....
what would u consider 1.5 years experience and no soloing ability but good rythym skills?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
what would u consider 1.5 years experience and no soloing ability but good rythym skills?

novice / intermediate

some rhythm playing is very difficult.
Quote by The Minorthreat
Nice touch on putting a crybaby smiley on my post.I really don't think you understand what I'm saying.what I'm saying is if you think it is pointless then ignore it and don't say anything.If you want to be a child about it, go ahead and smiley away.Time will only show age's mirror I guess that doesn't apply to you.

wait a minute, are you Cannibalwolf?
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Intermediate. I can play, pretty good. Nothing special though. I can sweep alright, and I can learn a lot. I'm in the process of learning theory. I could probably join a band as a Lead guitarist but I would feel more comfortable as rhythm.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
DieKrupps. Just because he mentions rythm, doesn't make him "novice-intermediate"

To fully judge your ability we'd have to hear you. However if you mean "power chords and some open chords" by rythm then you wont' be too great but if you mean "knowledge of chords, rythmic patterns etc" you'd be higher up.