So I finally got off of the fence and decided to give this a shot here's my opinion about it. Okay so when UPS delivered to my house I noticed that it was packed incredible well so that was a pleasant experience anyways onto the amp. I plugged it into my buddies vader cab and tried it out. As far as tone goes I am definently impressed with this amp. The cleans are not processed sounding at all they are very crisp without sounding sterile. The crunch channel definently captures some of the Marshall JCM 800 crunch not quite all the way, but definently decent. Now the ultra channel has gobs of gain. Maybe even a little too much. But anyways I've managed to get a very rectifierish tone out of it and also it sounds very similar to a JSX, the amp it is modeled after.

Pros: The clean is very surprising and definently useable. Ultra channel packs a massive amount of Gain and sounds much more expensive than the amp is! Switchable from EL34s and 6l6s and comes stock with EL34s Amp feels fairly sturdy I'll update if something changes.

Cons: Noise gate doesn't appear to do anything maybe mine is broken. The voicing on the gain channels muddens things up pretty badly and gives too much gain. Other than that fairly decent amp.

I've played through 5150/6505s and some mesas and kranks and of all of these it surpasses the 5150/6505s in tone and definently does a good job of hanging with the mesas. Tone is definently not an issue with these amps!

Guitars: Washburn X50ProFE Schecter Blackjack ATX Fr

Amp: Bugera 333XL head
Cool!
This is slightly off topic, but does bugera plan on releasing any other kind of amps besides just high gain ones?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hey no worries As far as their line now it is the 333 the 333xl and 6260 and the 6262 and they offer head and combo versians of all of them. All of them are high gain for now. The 62 series is modeled off the 5150s and the 333s are xxx and jsx something of a smilarity haha. But yeah to answer you question bugera right now is only making those models. but you do get excellent cleans out of the 333s and a good crunch as well!
Yeah, but I wonder if bugera will ever make a good clone of something else.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Who is to say? One could only hope! On the noise gate topic, remember the built in noise gate will never be a replacement for another one like a HUSH or Decimator. It just keeps the noise floor in the amp down. The XXX/JSX also have one thats kinda useless as a full fledged gate.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Good to hear, and I was planning on buying a 333XL once my Gibson went out the door =)

This made me more secure about my decision (because I have not played a Bugera before, IDK where to find one)
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard (Cherry finish)
Ibanez JS1000 (Black Pearl finish)

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Bugera 333XL Head (Coming Soon)
Avatar G212H Special (Coming Soon)
Crate FW15R
Quote by darkarbiter7
Yeah, but I wonder if bugera will ever make a good clone of something else.

A good clone? Never. A clone? Probably
Well, I don't even consider their amps complete clones. I mean, the 515o was based on the SLO-100, but no one calls it a clone. It sounds different and has some different features. Same with the Bugera stuff. They arent straight copies by any means. Although the similarity cant be ignored. And they really are pretty solid amps
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Well, I don't even consider their amps complete clones. I mean, the 515o was based on the SLO-100, but no one calls it a clone. It sounds different and has some different features. Same with the Bugera stuff. They arent straight copies by any means. Although the similarity cant be ignored. And they really are pretty solid amps

True, except for the fact that the board used is pretty much exactly the same as the Peaveys, they just use cheaper parts.

Almost every amp started out as a copy of another amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I agree with Bloodshed. Calling these amps "clones" per se is misleading. I really don't think my 6262 sounds like a 5150. The 5150 seems voiced a bit darker. Maybe it's my cab. I'm not sure. I think the Bugera line does a good job of standing on their own. If you were to purchase a 6XXX series Bugera expecting an exact 5150 tone I think you'll be disappointed. It really is it's own animal. I will say I've messed with the EQ and come VERY close to duplicating the darker 5150 tone though. Hec I dunno, I just sorta contridicted myself...Basically, If you're looking for an amp that does the brutal on the cheap, this amp is a good place to start. There really is nothing else in this price range that can compete tone wise though.
Quote by Roc8995
A good clone? Never. A clone? Probably

I encourage you to try one out yourself. It looks very similar but it definently is its own beast
When I said clone I was refering to the appearance and what the amps are modeled after. I definently agree that they sound different. I encourage anyone to try them out with a v30 g75 mix it has an excellent death metal tone.
Quote by SmithShred
I encourage you to try one out yourself. It looks very similar but it definently is its own beast

I'm aware of what they are. Thanks though. I'd encourage you to pull the chassis sometime. They're good sounding metal amps, especially at the price, but I cannot believe how poor the build quality is.
I have actually. And it doesn't look half as bad as people make it out to be. No, I wouldn't feel comfortable dropping it but hey its a tube thats what flight cases are for I'll see If I can't post some picks of the interior if I can get my camera working
What's so bad about that? Except for the very little solder (I didn't even know there was supposed to be solder there on the upper pic)?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
"WAH WAH the pots are too small, wah wah, ****ty soldering job"

Come on, honestly, look inside your peaveys and show me pics of the inside.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Roc8995
Here, I'll help you out.

...words escape me.

Funny thing, that's the ONLY messed up Bugera pic on the internet. Out of how many thousand(s) shipped? Lol. Whatever...
Yep I've seen this one before. But if you look at it that happens to be a 6260 series not the 333s
Bah, I'm not going to argue about this. People who like them are going to say exactly what you're saying, and I'm not going to buy one. It doesn't matter. Buy what you like- it was just a "heads-up" that the quality isn't so good.
They sound fine, by the way.
Quote by Roc8995
Bah, I'm not going to argue about this. People who like them are going to say exactly what you're saying, and I'm not going to buy one. It doesn't matter. Buy what you like- it was just a "heads-up" that the quality isn't so good.
They sound fine, by the way.

No, I was honestly asking, what's the problem with the lower picture? Bad pots? It's hardly PCB-mounted pots, since a Fender Blues Junior has them too I believe (and you don't see people bashing that).
Quote by Lunchbox362
What that second picture shows is the thin PCB, a lack of proper solder around the diodes, those boxy yellow caps, and yes, the PCB-mounted mini-pots. I know the blues junior has those too, and I don't like that either, but the BJR at least has a thicker PCB and decent caps. Those things aren't the end of the world, but that solder job in the first one really gets me. If that happened around a capacitor it could easily come loose and discharge somewhere it shouldn't.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
"WAH WAH the pots are too small, wah wah, ****ty soldering job"

Come on, honestly, look inside your peaveys and show me pics of the inside.....

Peaveys are crap inside too. Not as bad as the Bugera, but they're similar. I've been saying that for years but nobody wants to hear it. It doesn't matter, I'm sure you love yours. Just don't try to insult people who point out that a cheap amp looks cheap on the inside. I don't have a peavey, but I guarantee the guts in my amp look a whole lot more bulletproof than anything they make.

Edit: just for fun, be glad you don't have an old DSL401. They did this a lot:

...and that's why nobody likes repairing PCB amps.
Last edited by Roc8995 at May 8, 2008,
sorry man, i wasnt directing that at you specifically, but that every bugera-hater posts the same pics, and says theexact same thing.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I'd post different pics, but the guys at the music shop don't take too kindly to me walking in with a screwdriver and pulling the chassis. (Believe me, I tried it when the Windsor came out). Everyone brings it up because honestly it is a problem. That said, the AC30CCs had tube issues when they first came out, so there's no reason Bugera couldn't get their act together too.
Thank you for clearing that up. And I suggest that anyone buying a Bugera makes sure they get a good warranty to go with it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Haha they definently do. Bottom line it is a new amp. It does have a warranty with it that will offer amp replacment. So if something doesn't go wrong within the first few months it should last for a good long time. So far I've had no issues whatsoever
Quote by SmithShred
I have actually. And it doesn't look half as bad as people make it out to be. No, I wouldn't feel comfortable dropping it but hey its a tube thats what flight cases are for I'll see If I can't post some picks of the interior if I can get my camera working

Take some pics of the chasis. Just curious have seen a couple that were laughable as far as the solder joints were done.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I'll see if I can't do that for ya. I don't have access to a digital camera but I'll see what I can do. It's really pretty crispy looking and pretty well made.
I do hope that Bugera does work out. Theres a lot of starving musicians that could use an amp in that price frame.I have worked on amps for a lot of years and truthfully I don't see a lot of peavey amps come thru the door. Pcb amps are great till they break then the whole board needs replacing not just components.Only time and gigs will tell. So far only three bugeras have showed up.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Does anybody have a 1990 yet? Also I'm hoping they are going to come out with combo of the 1990, anyone know?
There is a Bugera Thread around here you know...

EDIT: Damn, 1 min too slow.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have a Bugera 333xl and what a great amplifier!!! Any way, I just want it to share some of my experiences whith the amp.

First of all:

1. Amp: Bugera 333xl
2. Cab: Lopoline 2x12 with Eminence Governor
3. Guitar: Michael Kelly Patriot Custom with Rockfield SWC-1 pickups

A little info about the guitar. Sounds awesome. Tend to have more treble sound than my Epiphone with Dimarzio's Super Distorsion and Paf pro, but just a little bit. It's something that I like because I'm in the search of a classic rock sound (70's vibe)... and I think I found it with this combination.

First time I enter to this site I found the Tone Setting thread and it was like... the tone paradise!!! Of course, we need to find our tone, but sometimes we want a certain tone of a guitar player and we spend days tweaking the EQ of the amp, so in the end we realize it's not exactly the same sound we heard on the cd or live concert. The Tone Setting thread is an excellent place to start, but each amp has an individual tone and different amount of gain.
I think that here in Bugera Users Militia we can share adjustments, express opinions, or simply what we did to find a specific tone.

While I was searching recommendations for a classic rock sound, the overall was:
treble: 7 mid: 5-6 bass: 4-5 presence: ? gain: 4-5
With my set-up:
treble: 5 mid: 4 bass: 6 presence: 4 gain: 4 low gain input, crunch channel
Why? Because with my guitar and amp the overall sound is bright. And what a nice crunch sound with the guitar's volume control on 8.5!!! Volume control on 6 and a nice clean sound.

Yesterday I was seeing the ZZ Top Live from Texas concert...
treble: 3 mid: 7 bass: 8 presence: 5 gain: 4 low gain input, lead channel

Duran Duran Live from London. It has a good guitar sound!!
treble: 5 mid: 4 bass: 5 presence: 4 gain: 6 low gain input, crunch channel

There's a band called ZO2. Song: Get the led out.
treble: 4 mid: 5 bass: 7 presence: 3 gain: 4 low gain input, crunch channel

We should share this kind of opinions because it helps so much when you are in the search of a good tone. Will be helpful for those who want to know about our amps and to know how good they are. I can't wait for tomorrow to experiment this settings with the my band! Maybe I'll let you now.
[quote="'']Hey, I've being hearing alot about how awsome bugera amps are. But I don't want to just buy one and hope for the best I want to try one out.

Does anybody know anywere that sells them in north west england?

not north west england but check out sounds live website they are in newcastle upon tyne thats where im getting mine from